What's new

Moving to Copenhagen

Gastro

Dear Danes,
I'm moving from The Netherlands to Copenhagen and was wondering what the smoking situation is over there nowadays.

What am I to expect?
How is the quality?

Will I be able to find different types of strains of weed ie a SuperSilverHaze, or some OG, is it easy to find good Moroccan hash?

What are the average prices at the moment?

Is it like any other illegal market, so shifting through a load of dealers to try and find one that delivers on point, and doesn't try to screw you over the moment money changes hand?
Finding a lot of contaminated hash or weed?

What is the general attitude towards smoking in public? Can I just roll up in a park or in front of bar, like you can in Berlin? Or is it heavily frowned upon and not done?

Thanks in advance :)
Stay High and Safe! :joint:

dragongrower

hello :)

For a newcomer like you, only place to go would be christiania were cannabis is sold openly.
Quality is in general good. Both regarding hash and skunk/pot. But do not trust the names the sellers give to the cannabis, they change to whatever sells good.

You can usually smoke in the open without any issue..

Dkgrower

Veteran
What am I to expect?
How is the quality?

Will I be able to find different types of strains of weed ie a SuperSilverHaze, or some OG, is it easy to find good Moroccan hash?

Is it like any other illegal market, so shifting through a load of dealers to try and find one that delivers on point, and doesn't try to screw you over the moment money changes hand?

What is the general attitude towards smoking in public? Can I just roll up in a park or in front of bar, like you can in Berlin? Or is it heavily frowned upon and not done?

Hey there and Welcome

Most pepol will go to christiania n buy there hash so that's where my advise is geared towards =)

Fun, Smoke and some times alot of police messing around, is what to expect. Police is these days targeting the dealers, but you soon get the nature of things its not bad but its not the best time either but summer time is just fun n games with the police :laughing:.

Regarding Quality n price if you buy hash the standart prices are for pretty decent marok 4-5grams for 26-30 euro, most pepol buy for 200danish kroner so if you do the same you get right into the standart price what 95% of pepol get..you can ask n most pepol do, how much can i get for 200kr ?

The weed is littel more expensive u get 2-4g indoor for 200kr=26euro

The dealers in Christiania was loongg ago hippies you still find those type of dealers hanging around the coffee shops, talk with some of the regulars and ask them if they know a good dealer, pepol are pretty open about giving tips and who has the good hash or indoor

Another thing dont be scared by the fact the dealers wear cammo and there face are fully covered, they look like bank robbers =) =)
Also the young stars as we love to call them are gangster in learning, alot of pepol get nervous around them, dont be, stay cool and talk with them about how much you get of that 1 for 200 or 500kr
also its very normal just to say ok and then walk away to look at the other stalls to see what they have and then maby come back.

So smoking in the public is pretty normal in copenhagen i smoke all the time but not in pepol face, parks, while biking around, night time party you do it outside n alot love to smoke..since we got a ban on smoking indoors at bars n resturans its pretty difficult to find places where you can smoke indoors.

Dont expect pepol to call the police just because you smoke a joint,

Eeeeeerh

Eeeeeerh

Dear Danes,
I'm moving from The Netherlands to Copenhagen and was wondering what the smoking situation is over there nowadays.

What am I to expect?
How is the quality?

Hey friend i have been visiting christiania for the past 6-7 years and i have also visited Netherlands a couple of times so i can actually draw a true comparison here

My bet is that you are most likely going to be disapointed quality wise
Also theres lots of dirty hash so id be carful if i were you

Your best option is most likely to find a private dealer that actually can deliver true dank and maybe get an Ounce or two at a time OR grow some on ur own :)

JoeyBork

Dear Danes,

What am I to expect?
How is the quality?

It should not be a problem to find any weed in Denmark. You can find just about anything in the Green Light District (Christania). Otherwise there are plenty of other options, where people deliver it straight to your door. The average price is probably around 12-15 euros a gram. You can find cheaper and more expensive though. Be aware that marijuana is harder to get hold of than hashish (which seems to be pretty much everywhere). As such you won't find a wide variety of strains as well. Most of the time the dealer has no clue what he is selling.

You could roll up in public, like in a park or what not, people normally don't really care. It is still illegal though and it's pretty much 50/50 if the police care or not - depends on the cop really.