What's new

Mothers/clones tent to substain my SoG grow

nootramz

Hi guys,

Probably not the most popular idea, but I want to setup a "true" SoG in my 1m² tent (flood & drain table with hydroton). For that, I will need up to 40 plants per runs.

I'm considering the idea to set up a smaller tent in my attic to make my own clones and keep one or a few mothers, as needed.

If I were to do this, do you have any advices over the following concerns for this mom/clones tent:
- how many mothers plants/tent size to generate about 40 clones of the same size?
- how long would it take on average to generate those 40 clones from seeds?
- also not sure about the techniques, I feel DWC would be overkill/2 fast to manage, and do top fed rockwool cubes for the moms.

I realize it's probably dumb of me to stick to this SoG ideas - it would be simpler to grow large plants, but I really want to give a serious try to this method.
Buying seeds is the alternative, but I do not see myself buying 120+seeds a year. It is too limiting. Also, clones are not really available in my area.
I could also settle for 20-25 plants and could veg for a little longer or top, if it's really hard to manage to get 40+ clones in the same time.

Thanks for reading and I'm really curious to hear your thoughts about it.

Hiddenjems

It’s really strain dependent.

When I did sog I could get 30-50 cuts every 2 weeks off my mothers. I kept the mothers in dwc buckets.