What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Monocot (single cotyledon seedling)

goingrey

m.JPG

Barney's Farm Gelato monocot, hope it grows well anyway

Old Piney

The monocot isn't the issue it's that it is “blind “ no eye or shoot. it's unlikely it will develop an adventitious bud , but it might maybe you just got to be patient

goingrey

It's good that you caught that, I would message breeder myself. Maybe it will help with their next projects.
I got the seeds as freebies when buying some other seeds so I don't really have a claim from the "beggars can't be choosers" point of view but yeah, good point, I wonder if they would be interested. Actually I wonder if Barney's Farm even does their own breeding. The pack does say made in Holland so I guess not outsourced to Spain but could still be outsourced.

Well, if they're really interested, they can read about it here on ICMag. :D

Piecho

Yeah, not for the matter of another freebie but to give them some data about their seeds. The more you know about your seeds, the more you can do to prevent issues in the future.
No idea what could be the cause of this one, definitely not a biologist myself.

Cactus Squatter

I had a trainwreck auto this spring have one cotyledon ripped off by a bug. It looked exactly like yours with no growth center.
I just let it go, and it ended up coming back just fine and surprisingly for an auto didn’t make a little dwarf. It still made 2.5ft tall and very bushy, but still with 1 main stem/cola.

I’d let it roll and see what happens.

goingrey

I had a trainwreck auto this spring have one cotyledon ripped off by a bug. It looked exactly like yours with no growth center.
I just let it go, and it ended up coming back just fine and surprisingly for an auto didn’t make a little dwarf. It still made 2.5ft tall and very bushy, but still with 1 main stem/cola.

I’d let it roll and see what happens.
It's not an auto