What's new

MEOW! I'm a hempy bucket

oldmaninbc

There are many dangers for a cat where I live. Yet, I have seen cats who have grown old and died from natural causes who have spent their lives between in and outdoors. I have also heard a member of our community recently say that he wishes people would keep their cats in. He heard the coyotes killing a cat in his field. Because cats like to roam at night owls are a real danger. Cats are a free spirited soul. I can't help but think they deserve all the love they can get from us.

Thanks for your time.

endgegner

Another MEOW
meow6.jpg

endgegner

i wanted to give a love heart emoji
No need to give a heart emoji, to show that you love her.
She is a sweet princess and always comes and lays down on my chest, when I am laying in bed.
If not, then I call her, slap on my chest and say cuddle and she actually comes. I love her.

oldmaninbc

What a sweetheart, she has such a lovely face and pretty green eyes.

I've seen a TV show filmed at a large city zoo, they put out big boxes for the lions and tigers and they like to play in the boxes as much as the smaller house cats.

I use to do something similar with my last cat(who I miss everyday) I would get into bed at night and slap my hand on the mattress and he would come running. That is after he finished squeaking his rubber ducky going up and down the hallway, just to get a response from us.

When I seen your post I was hoping you would show another photo of Meow, and you did.

endgegner

Sadly, my cat has some urine tract infection. It is a serious, but common disease. It is an early stage and I brought her to the vet as fast as I caught up something is wrong.
She got some shots there and some pills (I think antibiotics) that I have to give her daily.

She peed blood and had troubles peeing and also peed on the floor. But this only stage 2, when it gets more serious, it can damage the organs and even be deadly.
But since she gets treatment early and is only thee years old, she will be safe. I will also update here as soon as my baby girl is better.

endgegner

She is already better. She has normal litter habits now. She only didn't drink yesterday and today at all, but I gave her liquid food to supplement water.

I will also look for cat milk soon, as she loves to drink the leftovers of my musli milk (it is less than a tea spoon, I know cats have trouble with lactose, so don't worry guys :))
But her drinking behavior may be due to the shots from today and yesterday.

She also licks the liquid of her meds and actually enjoyed them, which surprised the vet as cats normally have to swallow it or you have to mix it with food.

Regardless of it, she is really affectionate like usually. But she doesn't come when I call her and only came to me in my bed this morning after getting up. I think it was because she wasn't drugged by the shot anymore and behaved normally again.

She is still sitting there and starring sometimes at nothing, but seems happy while being drugged out from the shots :D
As soon as she is healed (probably within a few days), I will let you guys know.

oldmaninbc

She is already better. She has normal litter habits now. She only didn't drink yesterday and today at all, but I gave her liquid food to supplement water.

I will also look for cat milk soon, as she loves to drink the leftovers of my musli milk (it is less than a tea spoon, I know cats have trouble with lactose, so don't worry guys :))
But her drinking behavior may be due to the shots from today and yesterday.

She also licks the liquid of her meds and actually enjoyed them, which surprised the vet as cats normally have to swallow it or you have to mix it with food.

Regardless of it, she is really affectionate like usually. But she doesn't come when I call her and only came to me in my bed this morning after getting up. I think it was because she wasn't drugged by the shot anymore and behaved normally again.

She is still sitting there and starring sometimes at nothing, but seems happy while being drugged out from the shots :D
As soon as she is healed (probably within a few days), I will let you guys know.
It's good you were able to get her treated quickly as you did. As you know, the earlier treatment is started the better the outcome. Sickness can cause animals/people to act differently, it is worth taking note of.

Hope all is back to normal as soon as possible.

strain_hunter

I feel with you. My family had dogs all the time and my grandma‘s cat didn’t showed up more than a few times and once she hurt our dogs eye seriously. So i had no close connection.

But later I adopted a cat with a friend, that was visiting me often and should be given away from his family.
He lived his own life and came often for food and sleep and was a lot in the neighborhood. But he was hurt in street fights very often and I managed to bring him to the hospital every time he went ill and was lucky enough to collect enough money whrn I didn‘t know how to pay for his surgeries.
He became part of our family and started to protect us. Unfortunately he was hit by a car short after I found a good insurance for him, when he was six years old.
But he was part of our buddhist family which as a whole learned the art of concious dying and helped him to a higher plane after his dead.

So it was a happy end, which I which you too after a long fulfilling time.

endgegner

It's good you were able to get her treated quickly as you did. As you know, the earlier treatment is started the better the outcome. Sickness can cause animals/people to act differently, it is worth taking note of.

Hope all is back to normal as soon as possible.
Apart from her litter behavior, she acted normal. When she got the shots, she was a bit dizzy hehe and didn't drink
But now she is in my bed while I am heading to sleep, so she is completely normal again (apart from not drinking again though).
Yes, I am really lucky, because the male black cat doesn't use his litter at all when he spends time with me. So I wouldn't have noticed it that quickly. He actually had this problem, too once, but it was spot quickly, as this was when he started to spend more times with the neighbors and there he does his buisness inside, as he is in a separate room at night and doesn't meow them awake at 3 AM just to go out peeing and coming back 5 minutes later unlike he did with me almost every night :)

endgegner

I feel with you. My family had dogs all the time and my grandma‘s cat didn’t showed up more than a few times and once she hurt our dogs eye seriously. So i had no close connection.

But later I adopted a cat with a friend, that was visiting me often and should be given away from his family.
He lived his own life and came often for food and sleep and was a lot in the neighborhood. But he was hurt in street fights very often and I managed to bring him to the hospital every time he went ill and was lucky enough to collect enough money whrn I didn‘t know how to pay for his surgeries.
He became part of our family and started to protect us. Unfortunately he was hit by a car short after I found a good insurance for him, when he was six years old.
But he was part of our buddhist family which as a whole learned the art of concious dying and helped him to a higher plane after his dead.

So it was a happy end, which I which you too after a long fulfilling time.
The female black cat is really special. She spends almost all time with me even though I let her out when she wants. But she is maybe 1 hour out and most of the times in my garden. And she actually comes when I call her, she obeys better than my family dog used to, lol
And she love to cuddle. Sadly she often gets wild and playfully clamps and scratches me, but clamping is the thing, that hurts, even if she doesn't mean to.

strain_hunter

He was nearly dead, when a neighbor found him in our street. My flatmates managed to care for him, till he was healthy again. Their children whished to have a cat and the universe delivered. Sadly they wanted a dog two years later , when they moved out and wanted to sent him to the local animal shelter. So I and a friend decided to take care for him.

IMG-20150912-WA0013.jpeg

Last edited: