What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Medical marijuana gets 88% support in new Florida poll; 53% back ‘personal use’ of po

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Medical marijuana gets 88% support in new Florida poll; 53% back ‘personal use’ of pot
marijuanagrowhouse.jpg

Nearly 9 out of 10 Florida voters say adults should be allowed to legally use marijuana for medical purposes if their doctor prescribes it, according to a new Quinnipiac University poll.
An amendment to the Florida constitution to legalize medical marijuana goes before voters in November and needs 60 percent support to pass. The Quinnipiac poll didn’t specifically ask about the ballot question, but found 88 percent support for permitting medical marijuana. That’s up from 82 percent support in November.
The same poll found 53 percent support for “allowing adults in Florida to legally possess small amounts of marijuana for personal use,” with 42 percent opposed. Voters were more evenly divided in November, with 48 percent in favor and 46 percent opposed.
Asked if they’ve ever tried marijuana, 45 percent of Florida voters say they have and 54 percent say they have not. The age group with the highest percentage of reported marijuana use was 50-to-64-year-olds, with 62 percent saying they have tried pot.
http://www.postonpolitics.com/2014/...new-florida-poll-53-back-personal-use-of-pot/

What has been the highest percentages of people polled in any state that are pro-medical? Is there a place to show those statistics? Pro-regular use? Is 88% the highest percentage of people supporting medical marijuana than any other prior to their electing to legalize it's use? What an incredibly high number in support and STILL the inbred and evil governor and his legal lacky pam bondi along with the police oppose it? So it's them against everybody? What afked up place that these people can hold people hostage while mainting the guise of the evil war on drugs. Pure evil.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is good news. Most of my family in Florida (parents, aunts and uncles, grandparents) used to be anti-weed in general. I've convinced them over the years that it's a real medicine that works for so many things. I've convinced most of them that recreational use is no big deal.

It's crazy that politicians in power still fight to keep cannabis illegal. That will change at some point. Every year the poll numbers go up in support of legalization, or at least decriminalization. At some point the politicians will have to go with the will of the people.

Jhhnn

Veteran
This is good news. Most of my family in Florida (parents, aunts and uncles, grandparents) used to be anti-weed in general. I've convinced them over the years that it's a real medicine that works for so many things. I've convinced most of them that recreational use is no big deal.

It's crazy that politicians in power still fight to keep cannabis illegal. That will change at some point. Every year the poll numbers go up in support of legalization, or at least decriminalization. At some point the politicians will have to go with the will of the people.

Expect more rapid progress than in the past as the Colorado experience unfolds, at least in the US. The lies of prohibition can't stand for very long against the truth of successful legalization.