What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Medical Marijuana Farmers Market to Open in L.A.

RetroGrow

Veteran
This sounds pretty cool.....:

"The world's first such opportunity for patients and growers to interact and build relationships will take place over Independence Day weekend.

Discerning medical marijuana users will have a new way to get the weed they need over Independence Day weekend.

The world’s first medical marijuana farmers market is set to take place in L.A. from July 4-6, allowing patients to purchase cannabis directly from growers.

The market hopes to create a better relationship between growers and patients, giving them a new way to safely access marijuana from trustworthy suppliers.
“This is an opportunity that unfortunately is not seen as much as we would like,” California Heritage Market executive administrator Paizley Bradbury said of the chance for patients and growers to interact. “We’re hoping that the California Heritage Market can bridge this gap and provide a new and affordable experience for those who need safe access they can trust.”

The market also seeks to educate users, with the author of Modern Marijuana Living slated to be there.
The market will take place from July 4-6 from 10 a.m.-8 p.m. in East Los Angeles, at the new West Coast Collective dispensary at 1500 Esperanza Street.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...mers-market-open-715081?#sthash.ldGwTctE.dpuf

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
interesting knew it was coming I had this idea just no where to get in they've been doing it Washington for a while now and up in NorCal....should be a big hit. Whatever you do don't read the comments in the link it will make your head hurt so cal conservatives ugh

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
they had a similar farmers market type thing in the ie a while back before the decision vs inland empire patients group basically pulled the plug on all san berdoo co walk in collectives....I never made it to the place but it sounds awesome, wonder if they will charge a % or a flat rate to vend

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
I called and asked the collective how much for a spot they didn't know and gave me the number to their attorney....I didn't call its going to take a while to get that up and going and I didn't feel like talking with a lawyer at the time.

wingdings

Veteran
Very cool, certainly not the first. Had plenty of Farmers Markets in Michigan (and probably elsewhere) until authorities got their panties in a twist.

Croptober

Veteran
I feel like it would be a bunch of overpriced vendors, but hopefully its a hit I'm interested in to see how it turns out.

Gry

Veteran
neat, bit far for me, but I sure am glad to see any progress.

Gry

Veteran
Came back to the thread to see about if anyone had posted on it my self. Hope it works out well for them, they have a lot of competition with craigs list and who knows what else.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts