What's new

Lowryder outdoors in Finland

G

This is the result of my Lowryder grow outside this summer. Plants grew very badly, because of the bad weather. It was cold, cloudy and rainy for almost all summer. Only a few warm and sunny days in August. Worst summer I can remember in 25 years :mad: .

Plants were grown on my backyard in 6l pots. Fertilised a few times with Biogrow and Biobloom. They got 5-8 hours of direct sunlight in those rare sunny days and indirect light almost all the time. From five seeds I got four seedlings and out of these, two were males and two females. I let the males pollinate the females, but I had a bad luck in that, too. It was raining almost constantly when the males were shedding their pollen. Plants autoflowered nicely, flowering started in about the time of summer solistice, when here in Finland, there are no dark period at all.

So I ended up with two pollinated females, producing maybe 10-20 seeds and 10g of bud. Not very succesfull first outdoor grow, I would say. And just when I thought that now we have a strain that flowers nicely in Finnish summer with almost constant light :( .

I moved the plants inside two weeks ago because the nighttime temperatures were reaching 0 C. I gave them a dose of GH Ripen a few days ago and I will be harvesting what little there is any day now. These were the larger pheno, females ended up being about 35cm tall and males even a little taller, 40-45cm.

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Last edited:
Well, when do you think they will Finnish?:D
Couldn't resist..
Looks real nice Hemppo
Gots to get me some Lowryder.

Forfingoz

G

Interestingly enough, the plants have started to push out new flowers after I moved them inside. Especially the plant in the second picture. Actually it's starting to look quite nice. And both of the plants are very frosty, even tough the amount of this lovely looking trichome-coated flower is not big.

Mr. Fluffynuggs

Ah that Lowryder could have some more time on her, I found that letting this particular strain go a bit longer and harvesting her when her trichomes are mostly brown increases the potency a bit. :)

I think I'm gonna order some more Lowryder beans, seems that a California winter is a better growing environment than a Finnish summer. :confused:

Peace :p