What's new

Diary Lowryder 2 (auto) is it a joke or not? Let's find out together! (2022 grow diary)

First thing I got told about autos was stay away from lowryder and incredible bulk strains like this give shit results but if they were free I would run away as it's free nice result there tho

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕
Moved it from the drying room in a jar to cure. Didn't weigh it yet. But it's not much 1/2 to 1 ounce or something. Smells sweet definitely not bad.

Will post again after the cure with some bud pictures and a smoke report and try to weigh it too.

MrToast

Looks like you’ve done a fine job on your grow..kudos!
I’ve been breeding an Autoflower line for the past 5 years that will finish on the prairies here in Canada and produce top shelf weed..
Auto’s can be great..You just need to start with quality genetics and k ow how to grow them..

Cheers

Here the T-Bear I’ve bred..Finished about 33” tall ..

Attachments

• 5B919596-18C2-4F91-AA51-04A22DB94123.jpeg
    5B919596-18C2-4F91-AA51-04A22DB94123.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 135
  • 81D76489-EDD5-403B-886F-5AD573BBF7BF.jpeg
    81D76489-EDD5-403B-886F-5AD573BBF7BF.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 134
  • AC61C7A4-A557-429C-A89E-8E87564E7529.jpeg
    AC61C7A4-A557-429C-A89E-8E87564E7529.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 136

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕
As promised some bud pictures and a smoke report.

The total yield is 30g that's around one ounce as you would expect from a plant reaching only a height of 50cm with no side branching.

The buds are quite airy and fluffy, possible due to its Ruderalis X Brazilian Sativa lineage.

The smell is sweet and very pleasant. So this is a plus.

The high is very Sativa in effect and very pleasant. The buds are medium strong in strength. It's not anxiety inducing or any other negative effects. I really like it. I would even recommend this strain for it's effects.

To summarize, it's low yield with fluffy airy buds. But it has a great smell and a very pleasant high with no anxiety effects.
I would recommend this strain to people who are looking for a stealthy strain (low stature) which is quick finishing, this for people who are looking for a straight up Sativa high.

Definitely not a bad strain, just small but this can be a positive feature for people who are looking for a stealthy strain. It's invisible in the borders in the garden or it could be easily planted into a pot and mixed with other plants on a balcony given you an ounce yield of Sativa buds.

IMG-20221009-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20221009-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20221009-WA0002.jpg

(And yes, i know I could have trimmed better lol :-D)

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕
Very nice!

How's the taste? Does it have that coarse taste of the Lowryder 1?
It's a bit coarse in comparison to modern auto strains. I would compare it more to old school sativa buds. I'm afraid I haven't grown Lowryder 1 so I can't compare the two.

garybo

Hi everyone

I got some Lowryder 2 as a free gift some years ago. I always wondered if the poor and ridiculed reputation is deserved or not.

But let's find out together! The seed was planted 2-4 weeks ago (can't remember exactly) on a South facing spot in the full ground which was ammended with organic nutrients.

So far it looks ok and just like any other auto.

Will try to do updates every week or 2 with in the end a weight and smoke report.

Stay tuned.

View attachment 18732722

View attachment 18732723

(The blue coloured bits on the ground are an organic snail/slug repellent).
@Cvh , newbe here, have a question. What is there wire wrapped around the plant for?.
This is my first post and hope someday I can grow an auto outdoor that looks like yours.
Thanks for the post.

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕
@Cvh , newbe here, have a question. What is there wire wrapped around the plant for?.
This is my first post and hope someday I can grow an auto outdoor that looks like yours.
Thanks for the post.
It's a technique called caging. It's to ward off animals and pests. I use one with small diameter holes to also keep snails and slugs off. It's a physical barrier for protection.

Welcome to the forum btw. ☺️

Last edited:

garybo

It's a technique called caging. It's to ward off animals and pests. I use one with small diameter holes to also keep snails and slugs off. It's a physical barrier for protection.

Welcome to the forum btw. ☺️
Thankx

ravenhallpaul

Hi everyone, it's been a while since a last update. To be honest I lost interest into the plant because it started flowering so fast and remained small.

For the interested persons here's a last picture update from today. This plant is going to be harvested in a few days or a week or so. After handling, trimming, drying and curing I'll try to do a new update with some info regarding weight and a smoke report.

The plant remained a 40-50 cm and is sticky and stinky.

View media item 18704011View media item 18704011View media item 18704010View media item 18704009
looks like it won't be long now. well done. looks dank. :

Reactions: Cvh

Latest posts

Latest posts