What's new

Looks like mandatory home growing registration has made it's way to Michigan.

shaggyballs

Veteran
In the past year, local regulations on medical marijuana have been passed in several communities including Warren, Sterling Heights, Shelby Township and Center Line.

These city regulations are just the start of the problems the residence have to face in these cities.
Medical growers need to become aware that registration of medical marijuana –- which includes inspections of facilities by building and fire inspectors –- is mandatory.
While residents would have the right to refuse an initial inspection, the city’s code ordinance has provisions allowing the code enforcement officer to seek a warrant to execute an inspection on a property.

The chief of police of Sterling Heights said that the police and city officials hope further changes are made by state lawmakers to ban all medical marijuana growth and cultivation from residential areas.

“We’re trying to get all of these medical grows out of neighborhoods eventually, through legislation, because it doesn’t belong in our neighborhoods,”
“Cities can choose to allow certain types of facilities, a limited number of facilities, choose to zone them, or pass any rules they want.

Can you see there has been a clear attack on people growing inside the privacy of their own home now?
Michigan seems to get worse and worse by the day!

Do you live in one of these cities?
Well you are now labeled as a public nuisance and a problem for your local community.
Open up your doors folks the cops want to have a look inside your house.

seeded

Until you remove money as a motive this kind of draconian bullshit is to be expected. They'll get their cut or treat you like a criminal to get paid if they must but either way as long as there's money to be made there's going to be people actively working against our interests.

The only solution is freely sharing genetics with everyone but especially those who aren't growing yet because it will free the users from having to buy it and the people who grow it for profit alone will be forced to compete in a market with higher quality and lower prices. The more you share the more this trend continues until it reaches the point where the government gives up interest beyond preventing children from getting access. That's when you'll see personal cultivation becoming a free for all while the commercial side has to follow strict health and safety guidelines, be only available to adults, etc. which is the way it should be instead of the insanity you're facing now.

TheMan13

Veteran
Personally I could not afford to medicate with marijuana if any type of purchase was involved. If my garden was deemed "illegal" I would be forced into the opiate cocktail being peddled by my establishment Docs. My family and I cannot afford to pay some greasy lawyer 5-10k for a bullshit plea either and we sadly sweat that daily being a legal patient now. As "documented" as I am as a medical patient/advocate, I just don't think I could risk my family at that point.

shaggyballs

Veteran
:bump:
I feel this topic is relevant considering they are collecting votes for legalization.
Legalization will make this better, right?
Nope, legalization allows for banning of any and all home grows through municipal ordinances.
At the very least we need to amend the state constitution.
We must protect our current rights before it is too late.
If we settle for anything less, we have sold ourselves out.:biggrin:

OldPhart

Allowing municipalities to wield this type of power is just a recipe for disaster. I will play devils advocate, and say that there should be some practical regulations. I say limiting the total power would be a decent way to stop people from burning down the neighbor hood. I really wonder why the lawmakers don't use power limits instead of plant counts.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Lansing wants to hunt you down by your electric bill and charge you for inspections as well:

http://lansingcitypulse.com/article-14043-regulating-pot.html

Attempting to ban citizen patients legally and privately treating themselves per MMMA from their homes and neighborhoods seems pretty problematic to me.

fuck 'em. Id set up a huge grow, refuse inspection, make them get a warrant and then watch the look on their faces when they kick the door in and see all the lettuce and bok choy growing under the lights.

A local police chief hereabouts has been spouting off about inspections under the guise of "safety". Problem is the same exact setup growing tomatoes or any other plant wouldnt be subject to inspection. So it isnt really about "safety" is it?

coolhandluke666

fuck 'em. Id set up a huge grow, refuse inspection, make them get a warrant and then watch the look on their faces when they kick the door in and see all the lettuce and bok choy growing under the lights.

A local police chief hereabouts has been spouting off about inspections under the guise of "safety". Problem is the same exact setup growing tomatoes or any other plant wouldnt be subject to inspection. So it isnt really about "safety" is it?

😎😎😎😎:biggrin:LMFAO... 👍👍👍That would be fuggin HILARIOUS...👏👏👏👏👏& even funnier because i thought of the same thing...😀😀😀

coolhandluke666

:bump:
I feel this topic is relevant considering they are collecting votes for legalization.
Legalization will make this better, right?
Nope, legalization allows for banning of any and all home grows through municipal ordinances.
At the very least we need to amend the state constitution.
We must protect our current rights before it is too late.
If we settle for anything less, we have sold ourselves out.:biggrin:

Fill me in Shaggballs, how do we go about amending the state constitution?

shaggyballs

Veteran
Fill me in Shaggballs, how do we go about amending the state constitution?

I am not a good choice for legal consultation. That question is best left for the lawyers.
You could also try the CO. thread a gentleman going by Jhhnn there informed me that CO. had amended their Constitution and it was bullet proof!

We went back and forth about it, I told him the FED's could walk in and deem that piece of paper worthless and raid anyone they wanted.
He insisted this could not happen without a vote of the people.
We may just see that play out, I hope not!
Anyway he was a good source for political action in CO. He could also tell you why an amendment is our best option better than I could.

Then there is the Google option:

The Michigan Constitution can be amended in these three ways:

Through a legislatively referred constitutional amendment as established in Section 2 of Article XII. These can be proposed in either chamber of the Michigan State Legislature. Proposed amendments must be agreed to by two-thirds of the members elected to and serving in each house.

Through an initiated constitutional amendment as established in Section 2 of Article XII.

Through a constitutional convention as established in Section 3 of Article XII. A question about whether to hold a constitutional convention is to automatically appear on the state's ballot every 16 years.

Here is a PDF
Amending the Michigan Constitution

Good luck :tiphat:
Shag

TheMan13

Veteran
Michigan Abrogate Cannabis Prohibition Amendment (2016) was an initiated constitutional amendment, but like MILegalize did not make the 11-8-16 ballot due to a lack of petition signatures.