What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Looking for advice for applying Jaz Rose Spray (MeJa)

softyellowlight

Hey folks, I've got my Vanilluna garden in Week 10 and am starting to want to harvest the tops of colas. The plan for the remainder, however, is to apply some Jaz Rose Spray, methyl jasmonate, because the ladies are still not ready to quit. I have seen some crazy trichome action already and I want to see more!

Tomorrow morning seems like a good time to start harvesting a bit, so I figure the plan will be harvest some tops, cover the other tops, and spray the bottom portions with the Jaz Rose Spray! Only thing is I've never applied foliar/floral spray in my life, so what's the deal? Will a good soaking be fine by nightfall with constant fan air circulation and a pretty hot 1000W MH lamp? Should I aim to get things damp but not soaking?

The instructions for it seem to imply you should soak the plant, but getting it TOO wet will invite mold too, right? I'm probably overthinking this.

Also, the instructions call for diluting to what I seem to calculate to 319.2ppm of MeJa. Does this seem like a reasonable amount, for anyone that might know more in depth about this subject?

Thanks for any advice!

softyellowlight

Bump for interest in doing this... well, within the hour, when the lights come on. I don't want to fuck up now, after months of growth, by drenching them so much that they mold or mildew, or applying too much MeJa and having them act completely strange. Any reports of experiences would be helpful.

Correction: it's Methyl Dihydrojasmonate, not MeJa. I've decided to just do a third dosage because why the hell not (other people report having done 1/2 and 1/4 dosages.) So I've got about one teaspoon to two cups, making it just over 100ppm.

G

gloryoskie

Found this in my notes, I believe spurr is the author:

If my quickly done math is correct, application rate as suggested on bottle (45 ml per quart, with 0.68% MDHJ (w/w) in 453.6 gram bottle that has a volume of 473 ml), the ppm is ~300-310 (depending upon molar mass of MDHJ).

Timing the application of Methyl Jasmonate in the form of Jaz Spray at the 1/2 way mark was based on some guess work.

I reasoned that at about four weeks, most of the the bud is formed, and the trichs start to appear. I feared that if I applied it any earlier, I might risk the plant devoting its energies being devoted to herbivore defense (trichome production) at the expense of weight.

I would like to thank my good buddy Oswizzle for finding the ready-to-use products: Jaz, Epin, Vaccinate and Triffid.

knowledgehunter

I have been using Jaz spray/soap. I start to use it in the second week of flowering. I used to use the full strength, but found no difference "Qualitative" in using 150-300ppm. I also found that tricomes increased much more on the first and second tier colas, and no matter how much I sprayed on the lower colas, they never developed the thick tricomes. I even found that some of the water leaves developed tricomes, that was a little supprising.
Good luck,
knowledgehunter

A

ak-51

I would like advice on Jaz spray application.

From my reading I understand that application will focus the plant's energies on trichome production at the expense of mass and/or volume development. So the best time to apply is after most of the mass and volume has been developed.

I don't have the product in hand at the moment, but is it ok/best to just use it at the advised dilution rate (I am going to be using the concentrate, not the ready-to-use spray)? The guy above is saying that it can be used at half strength?

Is this a one-shot deal, or should it be applied in rounds over a week or so?

P

PerroVerde

I used Jaz with great success one use at 300ppm's, 4.5 weeks of an 8 week cycle. Very nice results for me with tric development and over all odor... :)

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Aren't we talking about SAR?

I also saw a product from AN called BudFactorX that have dead fungi spores and other things in it to trig the SAR.

However my weed is fine with only water and regular fertilizers, never find a real product that make the weed better or in more quantity or with more trichomes etc.... Just love and much time to spend with your plants...oh yes and some KW too :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts