What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Legit cuts from clone retailers??

sativa92

Hello, everyone. Been out of the game for a while. Since my state went rec, i can do it legally now, was gonna see if I can find some old school elite cuts. Does these retailers online have legit cuts? If so who do you recommend?
Looking for ChemD! Ecsd! White!
TIA!!

Jenn

Good luck on your search. I've been asking this question and not getting much in the way of responses. From the research I have done the HpLVd virus is a huge problem with clones from these retailers.

I have really been keeping my eye on Burning Bush Nurseries because I am interested in their SFV OG Kush, and Girl Scout Cookies. I like the fact that they have no minimum order, but when I contacted them about the source of their cuts (or which cut it is) and if the clones have been tested for hplvd I got no response.

Hopefully someone can help you out. Good luck to you.

NEED 4 SEED

Oh that's not good to hear.. I'm not good with abbreviations. HPlvd?
Actually HVLD. Hop latent viroid disease. It's known to produce "duds" and is an epidemic mainly under big producers and clone vendors and it can destroy your mother garden if you're not willing to pay thousands for cleaning your genetics in a lab.

F_T_P!

At the moment he is shut down because of the heatwave in the US but tikicuts has some nicely priced genetics that are hlvd tested. Have not flowered out to completion yet but everything is healthy and problem free so far with the cuts I bought from these places.

Last edited:

xtsho

Just get some seeds. There are plenty of good genetics out there as good or better than these "Elite" cuts.

F_T_P!

Just get some seeds. There are plenty of good genetics out there as good or better than these "Elite" cuts.
I do both, good genetics are everywhere. Just had to chop down some plants from seed because 1 of them hermed on me, the rest had to go to not risk the room. The way it goes, no regrets. I run whatever sounds good that I can get my hands on, seed or clone. I have bought shitty clones as well as hermed out seeds, key is you got to be willing to run everything to find what floats your boat, in my humble opinion.

Last edited:

sativa92

Thanks everyone for the replies
Jenn thanks for the info on this disease. I had no idea, wow. Back in the days cops, thrips and spidermites was the biggest threat.
Xtsho. I have plenty of seeds to go through, but there's nothing that hits like Chem D.
I have it in hybrid form, but in hybrid form it seems to lose something. Probably cause it's not stable to begin with.

F_T_P! Yeah it's always a crap shoot. And I agree. I use to have Chem D, and it does me good lol. But hermies is just one of the uphill battles we face as growers.

F_T_P!

Holding off on recommending the clone bank, they say hlvd tested but some positive tests came up a few months ago. Will be ordering some Tumi tests soon to check out the cuts I have in quarantine and will report back. The tiki cuts look fire, no weird growth or duds so fingers crossed on those in flower.

F_T_P!

All 3 cuts from the bank I tested were dirty, the one from tiki I sent in was clean. Will be testing everything in the stable now.

Last edited:

F_T_P!

Just got 3 more cuts in from clone bank, already had them ordered before I got positive tests back. Was going to just trash them, but why not test them, never know might be a clean one in there lol.

BerryManilow

All 3 cuts from the bank I tested were dirty, the one from tiki I sent in was clean. Will be testing everything in the stable now.
Man that's really shitty. Heard they were passing out infected cuts earlier this year, another vendor had purchased a bunch and they were all HpLVd positive. They put the word out, even contacted Strainly, who refused to do anything.

Saw the Clone Bank is still up on Strainly advertising clean & tested cuts, but it looks like that's all a scam. Now I see why there is such a bad reputation with Strainly.

I've purchased clean cuts from a few sellers there, and have only had good experiences, but it pays to research each seller before buying anything.

Places that have released infected cuts:

Cloney Soprano
The Clone Bank

Places with clean cuts:

In the Sticks Garden
Hash Nerd
Boston Clones

F_T_P!

Got some more to report on ordered clones. Two cuts I had tested From Tikicuts came back clean, Rock n Rye Gelato, Mr Stinky and a seed plant from tiki I'm keeping also passed. Clone bank is another story Thin Mint, Sky walker, Bruce Banner #3 and Gary Payton Mac were all dirty. I did get 1 clean cut from the clone bank and that is the Purple Urkle, glad I tested the last cuts I ordered instead of just throwing them away. Now I can find out if it is legit Urkle or not lol.

Jenn

Got some more to report on ordered clones. Two cuts I had tested From Tikicuts came back clean, Rock n Rye Gelato, Mr Stinky and a seed plant from tiki I'm keeping also passed. Clone bank is another story Thin Mint, Sky walker, Bruce Banner #3 and Gary Payton Mac were all dirty. I did get 1 clean cut from the clone bank and that is the Purple Urkle, glad I tested the last cuts I ordered instead of just throwing them away. Now I can find out if it is legit Urkle or not lol.
It's a shame people have to go through all this. The testing for hlvd is bad enough, but then wondering if you even got what you ordered. Good luck FTP.