What's new

Led side by side test?

Craven_au

Does anyone know of any threads on testing cheap LEDs? A side by side test.

Just got myself 4x100w LEDs from ebay let's hope they don't burn out in the first week lol. Only cost me $45 bucks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230212_212036_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20230212_212036_Firefox.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20230212_212018_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20230212_212018_Firefox.jpg
    434.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Craven_au

It a good thread but not what I would call cheap lights.

Corpselover Fat

Just got myself 4x100w LEDs from ebay let's hope they don't burn out in the first week lol. Only cost me $45 bucks.

I doubt they use 100w even combined. Try and measure the power draw.

C. Copperpot

Manufacturer's product description puts the real power draw at 20W. The 100W is claimed as its equivalence to HPS (unrealistic).

Model is ZW0190
Brand is SINJIAlight
Manufacturer is Shenzhen Xinjia Lighting Co., Ltd.

I'm not aware of any grows using them, but maybe the additional info will help finding one.

I vaguely remember reading some grows where people were using CREE's 9W incandescent replacements, which didn't do too badly, all things considered. They were using quite a few of them, say 20 for a couple plants or so. Been so long I can't remember which forum it was, though.

Craven_au

Manufacturer's product description puts the real power draw at 20W. The 100W is claimed as its equivalence to HPS (unrealistic).

Model is ZW0190
Brand is SINJIAlight
Manufacturer is Shenzhen Xinjia Lighting Co., Ltd.

I'm not aware of any grows using them, but maybe the additional info will help finding one.

I vaguely remember reading some grows where people were using CREE's 9W incandescent replacements, which didn't do too badly, all things considered. They were using quite a few of them, say 20 for a couple plants or so. Been so long I can't remember which forum it was, though.
Thx for the info 20W that's still cool can still use them as supplementing lights one above each plant. the grow is in a greenhouse/garage so I really don't need that much power anyway.

Thx again Copperpot.

Craven_au

Lights just showed up and I have to say at first glance they look pretty good for 12 bucks. Nicely made.

Attachments

• 20230216_142610.jpg
    20230216_142610.jpg
    926.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 20230216_142551.jpg
    20230216_142551.jpg
    958.2 KB · Views: 42

Ca++

100 Red +35 Blue+10 White+5 IR

You can't trust the colour camera they used, to give a decent idea of what you have. However, the reds not 660. It might be 630, but 610 is often passed off as red, though it has an orange taint to it. Where price is everything, it's common to see 80Lm/W whites used, and in many of these red-blue combination lamps, 35Lm/w isn't uncommon. Giving us colour LEDs, cheap. Most made with indicator lamps in mind. Not arrays to illuminate things. So cost is put way before efficiency.

I have a similar shaped lamp with 1w 730s, but an oldskool light bulb is better, if you want to stretch them a bit. Which is all IR does for us.

They will veg a fair area. 77 cell tray or something. The clip on lamp holders pair nicely with these, as quick installation stuff. Ideal if you want to bring in a new plant, but need to quarantine it away in a cupboard for a few days.

Ultimately, a 1500 lumen domestic lamp might equal it. Using about 12w, but being a lot more efficient. Some of them 1500 lumen lamps were 18w still, just last year. While others were 9.5w if you paid for the best. Same 1500 lumen, just different LEDs used.