What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED 200W - 60x60 / 24"x24" - Power Plant / Fuel OG / Sensi Star - regular

kordo

Hi everybody,

Here is my current grow history.

9 february: 16 seeds dropped in water

In small box, under 65W of Samsung LM301H
10 february: 16 seeds in rockwool cubes installed in Nutriculture 20 PLANT PROPAGATOR sending water 5 minutes/hour
15 february: 1/5 from Ripper Seeds and 2/4 from Ethos Genetics not germinated ==> replaced by Ripper Seeds and Dutch Passion
18 february: 1 x Ripper Seedsseeds and 2 x Dutch Passion germinated join theirs friends in rockwool

Since 24 February, in bigger tent
Light: Lumatek ATS 200W Pro dimmed (50%)
Fertilizer: Flora Series Tripart since 28 february
Temperature: 22°c
Hygrometry: 60%

5 x Power Plant (Dutch Passion)
5 x Fuel OG (Ripper Seeds)
3 x Sensi Star (Paradise Seeds) - freebies
3 x Super Lemon Haze * Orange Velvet Underground (Ethos Genetics) - freebies

Target is to get a mother of each if possible and interesting.
Low chance to run another hydroponic bloom session before or during summer but few clones could populate my balcony in stealth mode.

20240229_102143.jpg 20240229_102259.jpg

See you later
:greenstars:

El Pollo Diablo

Veteran
Hey kordo :wave:thats an awesome hydrobox.

I'm also growing Hydro under a lumatec light. And I also got an ethos SLH Cross but they all turned out to be male^^
Low chance to run another hydroponic bloom session before or during summer but few clones could populate my balcony in stealth mode.
Why not? Under LED the Temp needs to be higher than HPS, so Summer Runs often turn out better, compared to winter runs. Specially with hydroton, I made the experience that they like it warmer, because of the cold medium.

Is this your first run with this setup?

kordo

Hey kordo :wave:thats an awesome hydrobox.

I'm also growing Hydro under a lumatec light. And I also got an ethos SLH Cross but they all turned out to be male^^

Why not? Under LED the Temp needs to be higher than HPS, so Summer Runs often turn out better, compared to winter runs. Specially with hydroton, I made the experience that they like it warmer, because of the cold medium.

Is this your first run with this setup?
Hi El Pollo Diablo and thanks for your message.

I don't really expect anything regarding this Ethos cross... It has been given by the shop.
I have been explained that it is a fine breeder but only 3/10 seeds has germinated so I am cautious.
If something female and interesting can be harvested, maybe I will keep it but until now I am not amazed about how it grows.

It is my first grow with this equipment but you are right, I could give a try during summer.
I am just afraid about how nutritive solution will react to temperature that we have here in southern Europe.
Thanks for your feedback about it.

Bye

kordo

Hi,

11 march: light has been switched to 12/12 and some plants are now looking like salads, it grows well

20240315_202853.jpg 20240315_203023.jpg

There is an important problem with condensation at the bottom of this box in the past days, Top of the little box which is under this one was full of water like a puddle...
I had an intractor 100m3/h at the end of this day.

13 march and today, I cut what was possible to cut and installed it ine the little box:
20240315_203427.jpg
That's all for today.

El Pollo Diablo

Veteran
There is an important problem with condensation at the bottom of this box in the past days, Top of the little box which is under this one was full of water like a puddle...
I had an intractor 100m3/h at the end of this day.
Hi there.

Thats because you don't have an exhaust air system. I just realised looking at your pictures. You really need to add an exhaust fan plus carbon Filter to your flowering box. Then you can connect the exhaust of your smaller box to the bigger one, premised the humidity is not to high then in the flowering tent. Otherwise you also need to add an exhaust system to the smaller box, too.
The humidity at hydro grows is always much higher than other grow methods. Especially in combination with led lights, because they don't really dry the air like HPS.
So I also suggest to add another recirculation fan for the flowering phase. Air movement is key to prevent mold but of course without an exhaust system that alone wont help you.
When you have water on your walls, that means your humidity is 90% and more. Most likely in the dark phase. Without an exhaust system you going to have really bad problems with mold and without a fitting Carbon Filter you going to have problems with smell of the plants.

Another thing: The small plants in the middle going to get overgrown by the bigger ones and won't produce any bud. I would remove the smallest ones (second row) to give the bigger ones more space and air circulation. You can keep them in your other box and use them for the next run.

Hope that helps:wave:

kordo

Hi there.

Thats because you don't have an exhaust air system. I just realised looking at your pictures. You really need to add an exhaust fan plus carbon Filter to your flowering box. Then you can connect the exhaust of your smaller box to the bigger one, premised the humidity is not to high then in the flowering tent. Otherwise you also need to add an exhaust system to the smaller box, too.
The humidity at hydro grows is always much higher than other grow methods. Especially in combination with led lights, because they don't really dry the air like HPS.
So I also suggest to add another recirculation fan for the flowering phase. Air movement is key to prevent mold but of course without an exhaust system that alone wont help you.
When you have water on your walls, that means your humidity is 90% and more. Most likely in the dark phase. Without an exhaust system you going to have really bad problems with mold and without a fitting Carbon Filter you going to have problems with smell of the plants.

Another thing: The small plants in the middle going to get overgrown by the bigger ones and won't produce any bud. I would remove the smallest ones (second row) to give the bigger ones more space and air circulation. You can keep them in your other box and use them for the next run.

Hope that helps:wave:
Hi El Pollo Diablo,

Actually there is an extractor 200m3/h in the blooming box on the top right of the picture but it is not easily visible as it is black.
Carbon filter will follow soon, I am a lazy guy and knowing that there is still no smell, I am not hurry.

This morning, there was no condensation so it seems that this problem could be handled with the intractor 100m3/h set yesterday. Anyway, I have added another fan for the plants...
I another flood occurs, I will try to add tubular heater.

This situation leads me to think that I will not run hydro in winter in this grow space.
At this moment, it is not really cold outside so I can let the windows opened to get wet air evacuated in order to avoid ruining this first grow session with this equipment but although weather is mild, it would be much too cold from november to february at least.

Regarding the small plants, you are right, they will hardly give sufficient production with these much fatter neighbours. There will probably be males that will leave us soon freeing some space.
If miraculously there was not, we will see.
As long as I get certified mothers for the next run, I will be satisfied. It will be better with clones in the future.

Thanks for your time and help, I appreciate.

kordo

Hi everybody,

I had to remove 3/5 Ripper Seeds Fuel OG males.
SDC11908.JPG SDC11909.JPG SDC11911.JPG SDC11912.JPG SDC11913.JPG SDC11915.JPG SDC11917.JPG
A bit disappointed. No luck.

As more space is now available, I moved the smallest Super Lemon Haze * Orange Velvet Underground (Ethos Genetics) and spread the others where it was possible.
20240321_181939.jpg 20240321_183158.jpg
I found a few holes or weird leaves as if there was maybe some kind of small slug was taking a walk in the box eating my plants.
By the way, it is still growing well and no condensation flood has occured.

Previous cuts have still no roots yet. As I cut lower branches, I added more in soil.
20240321_180846.jpg

See you next time.

El Pollo Diablo

Veteran
Hi El Pollo Diablo,

Actually there is an extractor 200m3/h in the blooming box on the top right of the picture but it is not easily visible as it is black.
Carbon filter will follow soon, I am a lazy guy and knowing that there is still no smell, I am not hurry.
Ok now I see it(y)
This situation leads me to think that I will not run hydro in winter in this grow space.
At this moment, it is not really cold outside so I can let the windows opened to get wet air evacuated in order to avoid ruining this first grow session with this equipment but although weather is mild, it would be much too cold from november to february at least.

With just these two small boxes you keep the window closed in winter.
Regarding the small plants, you are right, they will hardly give sufficient production with these much fatter neighbours. There will probably be males that will leave us soon freeing some space.
If miraculously there was not, we will see.
As long as I get certified mothers for the next run, I will be satisfied. It will be better with clones in the future.

Oh I thought it's a fem run... :LOL:
Thanks for your time and help, I appreciate.

You're very welcome. :) If you have some problems with your grow you can always ask.

Plants have reached LEDs. May their streching be almost done 🙏.

View attachment 18979238

Sensi Star seem to be all females, Power Plant maybe 2 and Fuel OG 1. There could be some more males but I will wait some more to be sure.
Awesome! Sensi star is a very good indica.:canabis:

Its difficult to grow so many plants in such a small box. So when you only have 5-10 girls left, thats not even bad. They will get big enough fast to fill out the free space.

Which ferts do you use?

kordo

Actually, I get back to growing. I had to stop due to lack of space, really felt it like a loss.
All mothers lost.

I have never bought feminized seeds prefering selection in nearly 25 years ^^
Which ferts do you use?
Terra Aquatica Tripart (General Hydroponics FloraSeries)

Indeed, Sensi Start grows really well but I tought they would stay lower...
You're right, this box is really too short even if I tried to find the lowest reservoir for the nutrients. I'll have to grow differently next time.

Finally stretch was not finished :eek::ROFLMAO: and almost all plants have reached the light!
20240330_001358.jpg 20240330_001423.jpg

I think I will replace hanging system provided with this lumatek ats to free up a bit more space above it. And I will twist top of this greenery.
I've seen a male that will leave soon.

Have a nice day!

kordo

I removed one Super Lemon Haze * Orange Velvet Underground (Ethos Genetics) that was a male.
Lumatek has been raised, 12 plants are still in the box and most of them have been twisted.

20240330_145752.jpg 20240330_145805.jpg
They will now get flowering quantities of nutrients.

Regarding cuttings, one of the Power Plant (Dutch Passion) and Sensi Star (Paradise Seeds) have roots.

kordo

Hi,

It seems that I am not used to handled this tiny little space :ROFLMAO: I can stop pulling this light up as plants don't stop going higher until now. Starting fifth week of 12/12, it should be almost done now...
Some leaves are damaged and maybe inflorescence but I could not see well...
20240408_002928.jpg
I twisted their heads and removed some lowest leaves.

In spite of these little troubles, they are growing well actually...
20240408_002947.jpg 20240408_003013.jpg

Clones in aero system finally have toots, at least one of each female in that jungle.
I can't say for those in soil but there are not dead yet so...

El Pollo Diablo

Veteran
Oh sheet that escalated quickly.:biggrin:

You really need to super crop them! I'm using a pen like device to press it against the stem. Then you can bend the stem carefully. If something brakes just put some tape around it. But with the pen method it rarery happens.

I would remove the under half of leafs and pinch out the shoots in this area. And also remove some of the big leafs at the top to give more light to the buds.

kordo

Hi everybody!

Growing is on the rails, about 10 liters of nutrients every day and a half. No more problem with stretch. Less work.
Oh sheet that escalated quickly.:biggrin:
Hell is this little box :bump:
If something brakes
"When" actually :D
They have been bent some days ago and some of them broke. I was not very careful while listening to one of my children :spanky: but they still grow.
And due to beeing a shy guy, I didn't report 🤪

I would remove the under half of leafs and pinch out the shoots in this area. And also remove some of the big leafs at the top to give more light to the buds.
That's what I have done with more leaves and also moved branched to get them dispatched about everywhere in the grid
20240413_232155.jpg 20240414_001852.jpg
There are fewer burnt leaves and buds. They would not have produced anything good anyway, they were all dry.

Some pictures of future buds
20240413_232234.jpg 20240413_232306.jpg 20240413_232322.jpg 20240413_232337.jpg 20240414_001937.jpg 20240414_001957.jpg 20240414_002005.jpg 20240414_002030.jpg
Bye

kordo

Hi,

Life goes on, still near from burning but I can do nothing more. I trust in them 💪

Food is the same but they drink less with less leaves.
Hygrometry has fallen from between 80-90% to 60-70%.
Few leaves can be found wet 😍 plants are sweating on each other almost at the grid 😏

20240419_002214.jpg 20240419_002336.jpg

One of the Sensi Star buds
20240419_001853.jpg

Bye

early_bird

Veteran
I grow in 60x60 too for years, but only sativas.
I was seen your thread and thought - wow so many plants in that space, let´s see and learn how this works without chaos - seems it doesn´t, haha :ROFLMAO:

Grows with less plants always worked better much for me. Every time i have a higher plant count it´s going to be stress, may even chaos, plants are less healthy, and everything is much harder to keep under control. For my sativa grows yield was also generally lower for me with more plants than 4, in the end i had the best results with 2-4 Plantjes :)

Latest posts

Latest posts