What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Keith Richards Still Smokes A Joint 'Regularly' In Morning

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Keith Richards Still Smokes A Joint 'Regularly' In Morning

As long as it's "strictly Californian."

Ron DickerGeneral Assignment Reporter, The Huffington Post

Posted: 07/28/2015

Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards, 71, still likes to wake and bake.

But he's fussy about where the weed comes from.

"I smoke regularly, an early morning joint. Strictly Californian," The Independent reports the musician told Mojo magazine for its September issue.

Richards, who is currently promoting his solo album "Crosseyed Heart," also remarked on the spread of marijuana legalization in the United States.

"One of the most pleasant things to watch is a map of America where it goes, green ... green ... green ... green," The Independent reports he said. "Whether it’s a good thing in the long run, I don’t know."

Richards has a well-documented history of drug use, but wrote in his 2010 autobiography, Life, that he'd given up the hard stuff: "People think I’m still a goddamn junkie. It’s 30 years since I gave up the dope! Image is like a long shadow. Even when the sun goes down, you can see it."

H/T Uproxx

Also on HuffPost:

Rolling Stones Glastonbury
<!-- START: slideshow top navigation --> 1 of 46 
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/keith-richard-smokes-regularly_55b78fa3e4b0224d8833cdb0?

<!-- END: slideshow top navigation -->
<!-- START: Main slide content -->

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He sure is a picky ol guy... But I guess he can do what ever the Hell he wants.

Smoke on Keith...

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
This doesn't surprise me all... We all knew that Keith was still one of us!

What does surprise me though, is him saying "it has to be from California"..
Travel around America, Keith...You'll find out that we have the "good stuff" in all 49 other states..

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
theres good weed in every state if ya know peeps...yeehaw... cali has its share of shit weed too...lots of pesticides,molds,pgs and just bad growing..cali has the rep and an abundance so its easier to score here for some... I have had good weed in every state I been in...I grew lots of cali weed in new England lol.. it was easier and more profitable than them crosscountry drives I previously was doing

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I still maintain that New England cannabis will run toe to toe with any other in the world.

I'm sure kieth has a solid connect for Cali's finest. Wonder if he gets it by the pallet?

oneofus

This doesn't surprise me all... We all knew that Keith was still one of us!

lol...Keith was one of us before oneofus was one of us...lmao

as far as pallets go...i think he sends his "personal assistant shopper" on a private jet to pick it personally....nothin' but the best (hand-picked buds) for that ol' dog...i think he deserves it

hell he deserves everything...he was the one that wrote the music for Satisfaction; and the only reason we even have the song was because he always whipped out his small tape recorder whenever he was screwing around on his guitar and one night while extremely drunk that melody came into his head and he recorded it and then passed out on the bed. he says he has no recollection of doing that the next day when he listened to it. he brought it to mick who thought it sounded raw and edgy enough for the Stones and ..."voila"...! Satisfaction was born. from a drunken guitar player who can't even remember coming up with one of the greatest songs in human history....that fucker is amazing...

looks like we all got something in common with Keith...here's to wake 'n BAKE!!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Assistant, personal jet, fuel, pilots, etc....man this dude dropping a grand an eighth lololol like he cares!

Man I love the Stones. They toured this summer and I was unable to make any of the shows. I really hope they tour again, I felt I missed my shot at seeing them live.

The Unsurpassed Masterpieces is some good stuff as I'm a fan of early Stones. Keep puffing Keith and I'll check out your solo album!

Thanks for the thread op

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The first tunes I learned on the guitar were "As Tears Go By" (co-written by Jagger and Richards,)and "House of the Rising Sun" back in early '68. Ahhh, memories.

Keep on spliffing, Keith!

Limeygreen

Veteran
If he wasn't smoking a spliff each morning he probably wouldn't have been able to give up the hard stuff.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If he wasn't smoking a spliff each morning he probably wouldn't have been able to give up the hard stuff.

Probably right.

They can still crank out the tunes at their age (our age- ha!). Younger, but always been a fan.

Latest posts

Latest posts