What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Is the foldable grow light suitable for personal use, or is the non-foldable grow light more appropriate?

couchlockd

Most Big 500-980/1000 Watt bar style LED all fold or are spine and ladder style.

The quantum board style is kinda getting outdated. In veg alot of guys use quantum board style (including me) and bar style in flower

Rocket Soul

Depends on your space and desired hanging height. Boards can get a similar even spread if you use individual boards rather than a light that gather all board into a hotspot.
Strip lights/foldables excell when you need lowest possible hanging height: when you in a tent with low vertical space and when youre in an open space without any reflective walls (you lose less light to scatter from lower hanging light).

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Folding lights are just a form factor. A gaggle of strip lights ganged together gets pretty awkward to handle at a certain point, so putting a fold in the middle makes the light more manageable to install, move around and most certainly - ship.

My Phlizon They are a sponsor here as are Mars Hydro . . .

phlizon-jpg.18899739

Last edited:

Maybe-123

Most Big 500-980/1000 Watt bar style LED all fold or are spine and ladder style.

The quantum board style is kinda getting outdated. In veg alot of guys use quantum board style (including me) and bar style in flower
Thanks so much for your advice, that will be more helpful for me

Maybe-123

Depends on your space and desired hanging height. Boards can get a similar even spread if you use individual boards rather than a light that gather all board into a hotspot.
Strip lights/foldables excell when you need lowest possible hanging height: when you in a tent with low vertical space and when youre in an open space without any reflective walls (you lose less light to scatter from lower hanging light).
Yes, the space will be in the grow tent, so the light will be more concentrated on the plant than without any reflective walls.

Maybe-123

Folding lights are just a form factor. A gaggle of strip lights ganged together gets pretty awkward to handle at a certain point, so putting a fold in the middle makes the light more manageable to install, move around and most certainly - ship.

My Phlizon They are a sponsor here as are Mars Hydro . . .

phlizon-jpg.18899739
The grow light looks great hanging above the plants. I also like the folding lights; they are much easier and more convenient to store than non-folding lights.

Latest posts

Latest posts