What's new

In House Genetics - Cherry Gorilla

kro-magnon

Veteran
I have found male flowers on 2 of my 4 Cherry Gorilla at day 22 of flower, really not happy about that. They were on the top part of the plants so it's not just a few balls in the lower , darker part of the plants and it's not stress related because it is the biggest and healthiest plants who are turning hermies. I don't know if I can keep them and hunt for the balls or cull them now and loose a good % of the harvest.
To make things a bit more difficult I move for a few days Wednesday so if I don't cull the 2 hermies I will have to isolate them when I'm gone to avoid a drop of pollen.
I hope the 2 other Cherry Gorilla will stay 100% females. I found strange to have only females from reg seeds but now I wonder if they sell accidental crosses as regular seeds because those male flowers are due to the genetics and not the environment or the other strains would have some as well.

airplane

I have found male flowers on 2 of my 4 Cherry Gorilla at day 22 of flower, really not happy about that. They were on the top part of the plants so it's not just a few balls in the lower , darker part of the plants and it's not stress related because it is the biggest and healthiest plants who are turning hermies. I don't know if I can keep them and hunt for the balls or cull them now and loose a good % of the harvest.
To make things a bit more difficult I move for a few days Wednesday so if I don't cull the 2 hermies I will have to isolate them when I'm gone to avoid a drop of pollen.
I hope the 2 other Cherry Gorilla will stay 100% females. I found strange to have only females from reg seeds but now I wonder if they sell accidental crosses as regular seeds because those male flowers are due to the genetics and not the environment or the other strains would have some as well.
interesting never had a hemie from InHouse yet hope thing grow out for you

Charles Dankens

Platinum Punch day 44
Hoping this is not all-show-no-go, an IHG trait

PSX_20230503_195304.jpg

kro-magnon

Veteran
My Cherry Gorilla are cruising nicely, the 2 who made male flowers are inspected daily and so far I have not find more of this fuckers. I have 1 clear favorite so far, I'll see when they are ready which one is the keeper but my CG#1 is looking like a good candidate.

airplane

have Platinum GG# hope it as good as your grow came out !! Can't beat InHouse strains BUT the THC levels really are low = god tasting but the smoke is daytime smoke

airplane

My Terplexplatinum are heavy hitters and certainly not low on THC
That's great !!!! seems like some of their strain are daytime smoke BUT harvest times could be the issue here - too early - Ethos says 60-72 days - need to go to 72 days - 60days to early for me

kro-magnon

Veteran
I have kept my 4 Cherry Gorilla females because the hermi ones don't throw a lot of male flowers so I've been able to take close to 100% of them, there is maybe 1/2 well hidden ones but I can live with that, 10 or 20 seeds in 500g of buds is not a problem.
They are now at day 39 since the switch and about a month of flowering since the first pre-flowers showed up. The resin content is quite impressive on all of them but there is huge difference between the 4 girls.
CG#4 is not happy since she has been up potted in a 30L pot, she should have been the biggest of the 4 as she was the most rapid grower and ultra vigorous in veg but in the flowering space she has not grown a lot and she quickly yellowed badly, I think she was root bound in veg and has been over watered when up potted and she never recovered from those stresses, too bad for me because she had the the potential to grow 80/100g of primo buds but will only do around 40g, the quality should still be very high though.
CG#2 is only in a 10L pot so she's not very big and she is one of the plants who made male flowers so she has been isolated for a week when I was on a trip, she is a bit behind the schedule but at least she has stopped doing male flowers and is flowering nicely, she starts to smell heavily like cherry that's yummy.
CG#3 is in a 20L pot she has had the bigger stretch of the 4 Cherry Gorilla so she is now a beautiful bush with 6 main branches who should produce some pretty big buds. The resin content is pretty high for only +/-30 days of active flowering, nice smell of cherry mixed with lemon, very pleasant combo of smells on her so far, I hope it stays this way to the harvest. She is one of the hermies but she stopped making male flowers so far, I still check her daily to be sure I don't miss any.
-CG#1 is my favorite so far, she's only in a 10L pot so it's a small plant but she's very fast to flower compared to her sisters, she shows nice colors already and will turn fully purple in a few weeks I think. Her resin content and smells are insane for a month of flowering, I'm really happy to have her cloned so I can grow her again and again, she's planned to be part of the next crop and I'll see if I give another chance to her sisters.
This is some pictures of the CG#1 and CG#3, as you can see the #1 has wider leaves and give strong kush vibe when the #3 has thinner leaves and look like a classic sat/ind hybrid.
PS: Sorry I've confused my CG#1 and CG#4 so the numbers are not in the good order in my description, I should not have smoked such a big joint before updatin:smoky:

Attachments

• IMG20230512081338.jpg
    IMG20230512081338.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG20230512081442.jpg
    IMG20230512081442.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 52
  • CHERRY GORILLA ##1.jpg
    CHERRY GORILLA ##1.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 48
  • CHERRY GORILLA #1jpg.jpg
    CHERRY GORILLA #1jpg.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 47
  • CHERRY GORILLA #1.jpg
    CHERRY GORILLA #1.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
Day 57
Platinum Punch

still very thirsty

View attachment 18842954
She looks good, it's nice to see a Platinum cross who is more leaning of the other side because I have seen a lot of photos of different crosses made with the Platinum and many have the same shape and colors, it looks like this cut is very dominant used as female or reversed to provide pollen.
What type of smell has this plant ? I've seen you complain about plant from In House being all show but no substance is it the case for this one ?
I've only grown Terple x Platinum and Cherry Gorilla from them but all the plants have been very strong in the smell department and high, I still don't know for the CG but I think it will be some very good smoke.
This is some pictures of my first run with 2 Terple x Platinum about 1 week before harvest, I'm now flowering my TP keeper for the 2nd run with the 4 Cherry Gorilla described in my other post and my Rocky Melon keeper as well.

Attachments

• IMG20230327214140.jpg
    IMG20230327214140.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG20230327214156.jpg
    IMG20230327214156.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
I'll take some pictures of the 4 CherryGorilla tonight when the light turn on because I need help to identify the different traits they have. I'm not familiar with the Gorilla Glue #4 but I've read its smells description pretty often and I don"t find anything close to its usual description it looks like the plants I have are very Black Cherry Pie dominant at least in the smell. They are only at day 45 of flowering so maybe the scent will evolve to something closer to the GG#4 but I doubt any of them will be similar.
I have grown many years ago Ace Of Spades a cross of Black Cherry Soda x Jack The Ripper by TGA and my Cherry Gorilla#3 has a very similar type of smell, a mix of sweet berries and sharp lemon. I kept the AOS for 2 years because it was producing some incredibly tasty smoke with a strong high, I hope the CG#3 will be as good as this old keeper of mine.

Charles Dankens

She looks good, it's nice to see a Platinum cross who is more leaning of the other side because I have seen a lot of photos of different crosses made with the Platinum and many have the same shape and colors, it looks like this cut is very dominant used as female or reversed to provide pollen.
What type of smell has this plant ? I've seen you complain about plant from In House being all show but no substance is it the case for this one ?
I've only grown Terple x Platinum and Cherry Gorilla from them but all the plants have been very strong in the smell department and high, I still don't know for the CG but I think it will be some very good smoke.
This is some pictures of my first run with 2 Terple x Platinum about 1 week before harvest, I'm now flowering my TP keeper for the 2nd run with the 4 Cherry Gorilla described in my other post and my Rocky Melon keeper as well.
This plant has a slight skunky along with a faint varnish like scent, it's pleasant but not especially dank. It close to chop time maybe 5% amber right now.

Im not alone in my assessment of IHG potency disappointment. You can find other IHG growers with same response. Here and there you find a strong smoke but IHG is maybe best recognized for the frosty presentation of it genetics.

So glad to hear your plants proved an exception to my observation. I will def follow up with a chop, cure pic and a smoke report.

kro-magnon

Veteran
This is some pictures of my Cherry Gorilla #1 and #2 at day 45 of 12/12, if the people familiar with the parents of this cross can help me identify the traits coming from them that's cool. I'm not sure there is a lot of influence from the GG#4 but I'm not familiar with this cut to know for sure.
The CG#1 is very fast to flower, I have rarely seen a plant having buds looking like this so early. I'm really happy to have this one cloned and growing for another run, as you can see her leaves have a very different shape compared her sisters foliage and her fast flowering set her apart from her siblings.
The CG#3 and #4 will be in the next post as soon as I upload the pics.

Attachments

• Cheery Gorilla 1.jpg
    Cheery Gorilla 1.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 42
  • Cherry Gorilla #2.jpg
    Cherry Gorilla #2.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 48
  • Cherry Gorilla 2.jpg
    Cherry Gorilla 2.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 47
  • Cherry Gorilla#1jpg.jpg
    Cherry Gorilla#1jpg.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 48
  • Cherry Gorilla1.jpg
    Cherry Gorilla1.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
This is the CG#3 and #4, the #3 will be the best yielder of the 4 females but it should have been the CG#4 as she was the biggest at day 1 of 12/12 but since instead of growing during the stretch period she lost her lush colors and shiny aspect, only gained a few centimeters before having buds. She was root bound when I up potted her but she should have got over this stress easily with new space for her roots, she has been overwatered when transplanted as well but she should have overcome this as well once the soil dried. Maybe she did not like being under LED after vegging under HPS but all the other plants reacted positively so I'm not sure what happened. It's really a shame she did not thrive like her sisters because she would have been a beast and I have no clone of her for another run , her clones did not root, it's a sign she was not happy when I took them.

Attachments

• CG#3.jpg
    CG#3.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 47
  • Cherry Gorilla 3.jpg
    Cherry Gorilla 3.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 51
  • Cherry Gorilla#3.jpg
    Cherry Gorilla#3.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 45
  • Cherry Gorilla 4.jpg
    Cherry Gorilla 4.jpg