What's new

if i made a cross how stable will it be

Bio boy

what is the most easyest cross i can make..??

basicly i know the f1/2/3 etc and deep as it goes,
but grow out i have no room for,

if i was to say get a white widdow f2 and a cheese f2 and crossed them would i breed a stable cross there of 2 faveories? or would i have alot to grow out?

is there a simple way or am i just playing roulette

I don't know too much about breeding but I do know this is definitely Roulette, which is running rampant nowadays. With that said I say go for it. You may get lucky

Bio boy

buy IBL seed lines and cross those in one step.

hey i see that heaths cheese and diesel are ibl, what does iut mean, im taking it that iots a company ...but being told use them whats the reasons behind this and howcome you say one step?

im getin a little exited now that seems cool ill defo have to give it ago at some time so why not now lol

ok so ive found this out

''An IBL (inbred line) is a genetically homogeneous strain that grows uniformly from seed.

A hybrid is a strain made up of two genetically unlike parents, IBL or hybrid.

When you cross two different IBL strains for the FIRST time, it is called the F1 generation. When you cross two of the same F1 hybrid (inbreed), it is called the F2 generation.

The process of selective inbreeding must continue at least until the F4 to stabilize the recurrently selected traits. When you cross two specimens of an IBL variety, you get more of the same, because an IBL is homozygous, or true breeding for particular traits.''

but id stil liek some help explaining it,
f1 from 2x ibl,... howmany different phenos would be expected from the f1?
homogeneous means big and good quality right>??
up til the f4... to stablise, what happenes upuntil then,

im readng some about breeding from ********, and its so techy stuff to understand lol,

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Your f1's could look pretty uniform if the two strains you used were diverse. If you however crossed your "brothers and sisters" of your first cross ie: put your f1xf1 together and in the f2 is where you will odds are see a huge MESS of phenos to choose from.

Also be on the lookout for mutants, they can and many times ARE great breeding stock. Sounds weird but there it is, look at dj and others. I would look at getting males that are VERY uniform, as in so uniform that it would be easy to see what the FEMALE in your crosses brought to the party.

Some IBL's while they BREED true for their stuff do not always provide amazing anything in your crosses. You need to look into dominant versus recessive traits as well. No matter what, start tossin pollen, grow out the beans and see what you come up with. NO matter what you do, hermies are a pain in the butt. Once you have them in your breeding project, it can take a few outcrosses to remove that trait BUT it is possible.

Bio boy

wow nice thanks dude!
now i am troubled into i cant seem to find anything ibl i can buy online??

seen talk on res seeds ibl diesel on sale but cant fdind anyone lol

KiefSweat

Veteran
but id stil liek some help explaining it,
f1 from 2x ibl,... howmany different phenos would be expected from the f1?
homogeneous means big and good quality right>??
up til the f4... to stablise, what happenes upuntil then,

Basically
You buy a pack of F1 seeds. They are a hybrid of both parents. You then breed them out for 3 or 4 generations to stabilize the trait(S) you want. You can then take 2 unrelated lines and cross them for a new f1.

As pointed out it doesn't always work the best. But if you purchased legit f4 and later lines you would have more success crossing them then 2 unrelated seed packs as f1/f2/s1s

Useful Idiot

Veteran
hey Bio.When you get your post count up to 50 ,shoot me a pm. I have some valuable info for ya.:)

Last edited: