What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Ich spreche kein Deutsch!

Dee9

...so please pardon my english -

I was wondering if someone can help me out. I came across some German manufactured products, could not find a lot of info in the net, and was wondering if someone in Germany was using it and could tell me of their successes / failures ?

ComCat - plant strengthning agent
Biotrissol - sugar beet molasse fertilizer

Thanks, any input would be appreciated.

Jones

I haven't used those two products.
ComCat uses an extract of the Lychnis viscaria plant.
Lychnis viscaria is said to increase the disease resistance of surrounding plants. Extract from Lychnis viscaria contains a relatively high amount of brassinosteroids, which have a proven positive effect on the growth of other plants. In Germany the extract is allowed for use as a "plant strengthening substance."
Afaik it's mainly used on vegetables.

Cannabis growers in Germany are discussing it's usefulness since 2003. The jury is still out on that one. One Growshop stated in 2004 that they tested it and found that it doesn't hurt the plant, but has no other positive effects on cannabis.

Biotrissol if its based on sugar beet molasse should not be different from black strap molasses. Search for that here on icmag, should give same results.
I use sugar beet molasse in the last weeks of flowering. I find it helps the plants to put on weight and mature faster.

edit: I just saw the sugar beet molasse in BioTrissol is altered through fermentation.
With a N-P-K of 3-1-5 you'll need something else adding more P.

Last edited:

Dee9

Hey thanks Jones.

I use a high P guano with the BioTrissol. Was just curious, as I have access to both products, am already using BioTrissol, but I was wondering about specifically the ComCat.

I am still deciding if it will be worth the purchase...!

Thanks for paying attention to a non-German post - English is not my first language, too, so I suppose we just meet on common ground!

Danke!