What's new

I Am Setting Up A 5X5 Mother Tent. What Pot Size, And What Type (Plastic, Fabric) of Pot Do You Recommend?

MajorGrindage

I have a 5x5 tent to use as a mother tent.

The last thing i need to decide on is pot size, and what type of pots.

I am assuming plastic is the best, and its sounding like 3 or 5 gallon would be best through my research, but im not 100% sure.

I use organic soil (BuildASoil Light to be exact).

So My Main Questions Are:

1. What pot size would you go with for a 5x5 Mother tent
  2. What kind of pot? (plastic,fabric,etc)
  3. How many mother plants could you fit in the 5x5 with whatever pot size you chose?
Im very curious to hear what you guys have to say. Most of you on here are so knowledgable its crazy haha. Thank you!!

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
I use a 1.9(think that’s right) gallon rose pots that are kind of squarish and I think they are just at ir over 11 inches tall. I use soil in them so I don’t have to water as often. You can keep bonsai type plants small and you can keep a lot of moms like this. With that method you have to plan your grows in advance so you have time to allow them to grow larger to give you the amount of cuts you need. However, if you need lots of cuts more often larger plants in 3 gallon pots will work. You can cut the roots back about every 3-4 months and repack with new soil. 5 gallon pots and drip trays take up a lot of room when you don’t have a lot of room.

MajorGrindage

4 mothers in a tent that size would be nice. :)
In my 5x5 tents i am doing 4 plants in 20 gallon pots each.

So, do you think i should do the same thing in my 5x5 mother tent?

I figured a smaller amount of pots and more plants was better for a mother tent.

Also would you use plastic or fabric pots?

I really appreciate the help!!

MajorGrindage

I use a 1.9(think that’s right) gallon rose pots that are kind of squarish and I think they are just at ir over 11 inches tall. I use soil in them so I don’t have to water as often. You can keep bonsai type plants small and you can keep a lot of moms like this. With that method you have to plan your grows in advance so you have time to allow them to grow larger to give you the amount of cuts you need. However, if you need lots of cuts more often larger plants in 3 gallon pots will work. You can cut the roots back about every 3-4 months and repack with new soil. 5 gallon pots and drip trays take up a lot of room when you don’t have a lot of room.
I will not need a lot of cuts per grow cycle. I plan on hopefully keeping 5-10 mothers in this tent. and from each mother only taking 4-5 cuts per cycle

Do you still think a 3 gallon/5 gallon would be too large in a 5x5 for this plan? What would be your ideal size for this plan?

Thank you so much for the help, it is much appreciated!