What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Hyperbaric cannabis gardening?

lareaux

Hello I was wondering if anyone had any resources on experiments growing cannabis in a hyperbaric chamber? Or growing within a different air mixture? I realize its highly unlikely considering hyperbaric chambers are really expensive and it is difficult to integrate electricity in a hyperbaric environment, with risks of explosions/combustion.

Just curious though, what do you think would happen to growth rate or resin production if the atmosphere was bumped up to 1.5 ATA? (1 ATA = 14.7 psi, or the ambient pressure at sea level for reference). Or using different air mixtures?

I have read that hyperbaric oxygen treatment does wonders for people (athletes use it to recover) and I just want to know if cannabis plant production could benefit the same way.

Thanks for reading!

313Ninja

I actually know a guy who is super into cannabis science, and he told me that reproducing the elevation of the location where a certain strain has been propagated at does wonders for growth. He had me check out a book called Marijuana Botany, the plants pretty much adapt to where they are located.

In Morocco, they will take a handful of seed and just toss them out into a field. They come back periodically and see what strains flourish and in two or 3 years they go and get that strain and they are off to the races. Pretty much natural selection at it's finest.

Off the top of my head that would be the only reason to grow in one of those chambers.

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
That book is the classic that all the other grow books based themselves upon.

But in answer to your question... plants consume CO2, not O2... so a hyperbaric chamber is not happening.

If you switched it to CO2 in the proper mix then you would be doing the same things growers do with adding CO2 into the growroom air...

The pressure of the air mix is another question entirely, however.

Latest posts

Latest posts