What's new

Huge Success - High Times Medical Cup in San Francisco

prophis

don't like that name either, specially when i read that it's not even his cross...

pathetic, he didn't even make that name really.
"...smells like God's Vagina" is a huge quote from the movie pineapple express.

He probably grows TGA, watches that movie, and rips both of them off.

>>>Breed your own strain, Grow it, and Give it a new name. it Annoys me that this pheno grower got credit for anything.

BigBudBill

Makes me wonder:
Subcool entered some himself. How do you think he feels about being beaten by a grower with his own gear?
Would piss me off a little bit if I was him, BUT he was slinging the hell out of Vortex seeds(yes, I got some!). Any attention to your product that drives up sales has to be good,right? I'm sure his next strain menu will mention something about the pheno that won being from his gear.

Would GDP x Vortex be Grand Daddy Tex?

i was dissappointed with the cup. BADLY organized. you had to walk far for food or water. You weren't able to sample the entries. Waiting in line when i payed for a VIP pass was some bullshit. the after party was okay. cool people but not really what i was hoping for.

great time overall, but i expect more from a brand that has lasted 30 years. Makes us all look bad methinks.

Seminars were cool. Hearing DJ Short say that most bud was B grade at best made me smile. i love honesty.

edit: the God's Pussy guy said almost as soon as he hit the stage it was Vortex. He wasn't trying to take credit.

cacamal

This last weekend brought long lines and happy faces to the first-ever High Times Medical Cannabis Cup to San Francisco. Held in the Terra Gallery and Events Center on Harrison Street (SOMA), a great time was had by all who enjoyed two days of beautifully sunny weather and happy vibes.

However there were the usual snafus getting started as massive crowds arrived to get into the expo center on Saturday morning. It took several hours to get all the folks in to the center itself. The police were called for crowd control, but it was a peaceful incident with no arrests reported.

Saturday and Sunday, June 19 and 20, were especially happy for some of the vendors. Organizers recognized the need for cannabis vending on-site to qualified medical patients. Cooperatives, Collectives and Dispensaries that entered the cup also were allowed to utilize booth space as temporary vending sites. Business was brisk to say the least, with at least one booth completely selling out their special strain which was entered into the competition.

Sunday evening was the Award Ceremony, which was anxiously attended by all entrants and their supporters. Lots of cheering and hollering greeted the winners as they were presented with High Times Cups, and it was a good party.

The winner's list is as follows:

Sativa
1. GreenBicycles (God's Pussy)
2. The Green Door San Francisco (Candy Jack)
3. Purple Lotus Patient Center (Durban Poison)

Indica
1. Mr. Natural Inc (Cali Gold)
2. Elemental Wellness (True OG)
3. Tehama Herbal Collective (Bubba Kush)

Concentrates
1. Leonard Moore Cooperative (Ingrid)
2. Phillips Rx (Herijauna)
3. 7 Stars Holistic Healing Center (Granddaddy Purple Wax)

Edibles
1. Greenway Compassionate Relief (Biscotti)
2. Medithrive (Bliss Edibles Truffles)
3. The Hampton Collective (Totally Baked Medibles Tincture)

Expo Booth
1. Humboldt Patients Resource Center
2. TIE: Cmaz Glass, Green Door
3. Stealth Grow LED

Glass
1. Zong 2 Kink Jack Herer Bong
2. Glass Slider
3. Cmaz Vhorees

Product
1. TIE: Essential Vaaapp H20 Eclipse, Stealth Grow LED
2. Grassroots HIGH TIMES Medical Cannabis Cup Hat
3. TIE: Canna Fresh, Boldt Bags

Thanks for the report. Do you know if the booth winner HPRC is the same as the one in ARcata?

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN,I AM TRULY OFFENDED
BY THE NAME "GODS PUSSY". WHEN I'M SITTING AT HOME ENJOYING THIS STRAIN AND MY YOUNG SON ASK ME "WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING DADDY?",I'LL ANSWER HIM AND SAY "GODS PUSSY SON",WHAT SHALL I SAY WHEN HE SAYS "WHAT'S GOD?"
THEY BREED THE SMOKE,THEY CAN CALL IT WHAT THEY WANT!!! I'M JUST WAITING FOR 'SATAN'S ANAL LOVE CHILD' PEACE AND LOVE TO ALL CF

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN,I AM TRULY OFFENDED
BY THE NAME "GODS PUSSY". WHEN I'M SITTING AT HOME ENJOYING THIS STRAIN AND MY YOUNG SON ASK ME "WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING DADDY?",I'LL ANSWER HIM AND SAY "GODS PUSSY SON",WHAT SHALL I SAY WHEN HE SAYS "WHAT'S GOD?"
THEY BREED THE SMOKE,THEY CAN CALL IT WHAT THEY WANT!!! I'M JUST WAITING FOR 'SATAN'S ANAL LOVE CHILD' PEACE AND LOVE TO ALL CF

the whole point is that they didn't breed it. the one who bread it called it Vortex. just growing out some one's strain, doesn't give you the right to re name it. specially not for a cannabis cup type event.

dtp5150

I was at the TGA booth and a dude gave me some bongrips of Vortex

that shit was bomb! very unique

the best was the hashbar in the back with the OG kush earwax hotknife hits into the glass piece.....damn i wish i brought more cash

the only way I had some sort of fun is that I cut in line right at the front entrance, so I only had to wait like 20 minutes or so while the line was going out the building both ways up two freeway exits

wish i knew about the one day tickets too before i preordered my $50 pass. At least I sold my wristband while leaving to some motorcycle dude for $10 (nobody would buy it who was in line )

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
well shit...i dont know how the hell i missed this! musta really not been paying attention the last couple months...i will be ready for next year...are there any more big events like this anytime soon?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the info! i was perusing thier sponsors and there is a seed company out of oregon that claims p91 is the governments latest g13-pot project! hahahahahahahahaha.....oh shit, the world of cannabis marketing is gonna be haaaaaaard to get used too!

dymaxion

thanks for the info! i was perusing thier sponsors and there is a seed company out of oregon that claims p91 is the governments latest g13-pot project! hahahahahahahahaha.....oh shit, the world of cannabis marketing is gonna be haaaaaaard to get used too!

People can just say what ever they want in the this climate...P91 a government strain is really hard to believe. Not to mention some of the same breeders strains are are advertised as being done in 30 days of flowering ! I guess that could be true.... However what cant be true is the THC percentage on the packaging ... 38% THC I believe !!!????! That would be like hash on a stick!

Any way I talked with the breeder and found her to be an awesome woman, a true advocate and medical patient.

Whats the fastest strain you guys have heard of? I've seen some 6 week purples that are pretty nice. One month just seems crazy ... or am I crazy for growing a 9 weeker?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
People can just say what ever they want in the this climate...P91 a government strain is really hard to believe. Not to mention some of the same breeders strains are are advertised as being done in 30 days of flowering ! I guess that could be true.... However what cant be true is the THC percentage on the packaging ... 38% THC I believe !!!????! That would be like hash on a stick!

Any way I talked with the breeder and found her to be an awesome woman, a true advocate and medical patient.

Whats the fastest strain you guys have heard of? I've seen some 6 week purples that are pretty nice. One month just seems crazy ... or am I crazy for growing a 9 weeker?

im sure she is a very nice lady...wasnt really doggin her...or anyone...but i went back and looked some more...she must be doing that thing where they count the days from the time they see clusters form...have to be...and even that would be cutting it short...nice combos they have though for sure....shit i take almost everything 65-75 days...

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
She's cool ;)

She has some that are effective for patients in the 30's, there are a lot out there without a stoner background.
Our 70 day dank would terrify some lol scare'em off MMJ for good!
Most I know take hers 60ish still, or a bit longer.

I have a couple (not hers) that are really nice @ 40-42, totally different @ 70, really mean & not for noobs. :D

Looking forward to trying a few of hers out.
I know Pitbull is a nice one, heard Berkeley is too.

darthvapor

went to the last one in sf. not that big a deal. huge lines to get to outdoor 215 area, its bring your own bud. some bud vendors but lines are too long. its mostly to just get stoners together to sell them stuff like t-shirts etc. not that big a deal. unless you go to meet people and chill but as a event. weak very weak.

Latest posts

Latest posts