What's new

How about some support from mars hydro..

Three Berries

So if you don't get what you paid for, does eBay now deal with PayPal for you? Who repays, it should be PayPal, like if you buy something with a credit card you get a 30 day protection period, but now eBay has taken that legal responsibility? Don't you contact PayPal at all? That opens a whole can of legal worms, seems odd to me. Are you sure it's eBay themselves? Not PayPal? Or is it eBay if you send a cheque or postal order? Seems odd that they would do that, it'll bankrupt them if they carry on. I'll take a look at their latest blurb when I get chance.
ebay and Paypal are not as one anymore. You can still use Paypal to pay with. eBay is the one who takes care of everything for the 30 day guarantee.

Reactions: GMT

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
For what it’s worth,,,
I have never had a problem with Amazon or EBay apart from when I bought a few jars and when they arrived 2 were smashed because the vendor hadn’t packed them right( one sheet of bubble wrap for large jars) and was refusing to take responsibility,,,,
I logged it with E Bay and asked them to check the communication and photos and I was refunded the cost of the smashed jars,,,,
I assumed the refund was from PayPal at EBays behest,,,,,,

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
always know who you are doing business with. Know their registered head office address. Know how long they have been trading and the size of the business. Learn what consumer protection exists in your local legal framework, and how to access enforcement of your rights.
u are dealing with fukin china... the local legal framework is in Beijing.... legal recourse in china....haha

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
I have had situations with eBay purchases where I dealt with BOTH eBay and PayPal. If there's a problem, I go through eBay first, arbitrate with the seller. If I don't get satisfaction, then I register a complaint on PayPal. If eBay issues a refund, it comes out of the seller's account, so eBay's not gonna go bankrupt.

Three Berries

I had this issue on eBay with Greenworks as I mentioned earlier this year. At the time all the various Greenworks tools being offered for sale on eBay just showed the standard factory warranty that comes with the new tool.

But if you want to try and use the warranty and the seller was not on the approved list, almost none were, than no warranty. I emailed eBay customer service and told them this was BS. Shortly there after the ads all dropped the factory warranty for the eBay 30 day one.

My first Greenworks tool that I bought and it failed within 3 months and I took it back to Menards where I got it and they refunded my money; but that was 5 years ago. I'm not sure how Menards handles their factory warranties now.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's the same in the USA. You must return the item to the vendor it was purchased from. I agree this is not a warranty issue. It's a buyers remorse issue.,

I also use a Mars 6500.. I'm getting great results. I wouldn't call us that use Mars biased. If anything we use fails we are gonna say so. I won't sugarcoat anything if its crap.

blondie

All good stuff, even the opposition. Not quite buyers remorse. Even if it were, the legal 30 day manufacturer return policy covers that. Anyone can say it’s not a warranty issue, but the product documents disagree. The dealer was not responsive multiple times when I reached out to them. Mars support didn’t lift a finger before or after national day....

This has been a great thread. Thanks everyone for your contributions. Polite discussion of opposing points. Excellent.

I will close with one last comment here. I bought the gorilla tent and the mars lights. I can’t buy both of these on the mars hydro nor gorilla sites. Originally I was going to get mars tent and mars lights. clean deal from mars. So I was asking the support person what they recommend in a 4x8. I wanted and still want a shipping label from mars so I could essentially exchange to a 4800. Obviously we see what happened. The point with gorilla is I didn’t buy from them direct. I had need for warranty and reached out direct to gorilla. They didnt ignore me... they didn’t say tough shit we are not going to do a thing. They didn’t say go to where you bought from for warranty. They got down to business and simply said if you bought from us you are in the system. If you bought elsewhere send a copy of the receipt. Further, this morning as a matter of fact, I heard from gorilla support asking if the issue was resolved. If not they were here to help and if needed I could exchange the tent at no cost. This was written in the email. Remember I didn’t buy direct from them..... This response to a warranty is exactly what I expected from mars hydro and what I’ve done in the past for items purchased elsewhere. Either follow warranty on the enclosed product documents or follow what’s on the manufacturer website for warranty. (Europe and Canada.. can’t answer how you guys work). In this case I did follow all steps for mars and received information contrary to their published warranty policy. I don’t want to deal with a company like this in the future and anyone reading this can see how mars support operates. Now anyone can make your informed decision to buy or not.

Thanks again everyone. I need to go find some preparation H as my ass is sure killing me...

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
All good stuff, even the opposition. Not quite buyers remorse. Even if it were, the legal 30 day manufacturer return policy covers that. Anyone can say it’s not a warranty issue, but the product documents disagree. The dealer was not responsive multiple times when I reached out to them. Mars support didn’t lift a finger before or after national day....

This has been a great thread. Thanks everyone for your contributions. Polite discussion of opposing points. Excellent.

Thanks again everyone. I need to go find some preparation H as my ass is sure killing me...
OUCH.....

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I will close with one last comment here. I bought the gorilla tent and the mars lights. I can’t buy both of these on the mars hydro nor gorilla sites. Originally I was going to get mars tent and mars lights. clean deal from mars. So I was asking the support person what they recommend in a 4x8. I wanted and still want a shipping label from mars so I could essentially exchange to a 4800. Obviously we see what happened. The point with gorilla is I didn’t buy from them direct. I had need for warranty and reached out direct to gorilla. They didnt ignore me... they didn’t say tough shit we are not going to do a thing. They didn’t say go to where you bought from for warranty. They got down to business and simply said if you bought from us you are in the system. If you bought elsewhere send a copy of the receipt. Further, this morning as a matter of fact, I heard from gorilla support asking if the issue was resolved. If not they were here to help and if needed I could exchange the tent at no cost. This was written in the email. Remember I didn’t buy direct from them..... This response to a warranty is exactly what I expected from mars hydro and what I’ve done in the past for items purchased elsewhere. Either follow warranty on the enclosed product documents or follow what’s on the manufacturer website for warranty. (Europe and Canada.. can’t answer how you guys work). In this case I did follow all steps for mars and received information contrary to their published warranty policy. I don’t want to deal with a company like this in the future and anyone reading this can see how mars support operates. Now anyone can make your informed decision to buy or not.

Warranty issues for any defective products or just don't like must be handled at the place they were bought from. Getting any equipment vendor to refund your money is not normal. They never got your $$. The place you purchased got your $. They should have a return policy clearly stated on their website. For any not defective part, a res stocking fee is not un heard of. The place you bought from purchased them wholesale. Your transaction was not with Mars they are the equipment maker which is working perfectly fine. You would have a good case if the lights were defective and they refused to fix or replace them. This is still always handled by the place of purchase, not the equipment maker. Its why Mars has their own return policy on its website.. Whomever you paid is who you must work with.

Latest posts

Latest posts