What's new

Home made funny looking dwc system's.

i used the coffee cans for just straight dwc and they worked great. just have to top off or add nutes more frequently. i have tried with a pump pumping water up like a drip system just not dripping and a steady stream of water and it seemed like they were growin good. in the end there was too much water plant looked over watered most the time(wtf?? over water in hydro??) and the stem rotted out as it was still growing. looked great n all of a sudden growth stopped n started dying out after it was to late to do anything with it. roots were still white but after closer expection and moving an inch of hydroton out the way there was the problem a nice soggy wet stem. i thought about the multiple coffee can recirc. dwc. only thing i could think that would work would be a 5 gal bucket with the waterpump goin to the first can and have a hose connectiong the first can where u want the water lvl to be to the second can n so on. with the hose comming off ur last can going back into the 5 gal bucket. scaled down recirculating dwc??? im sure u could do this outside too with everything with nutes lightproof. dont know of this helps any but its just my experience and 2 cents.

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
i started out with two of em . . .
picture.php

and they worked so well i made a couple more! every 2 buckets you see are a set and set up like the ones with the plants in them you can plainly see the pump tubing and back flow valves,. . .
picture.php

2x2gl buckets/2xbackflow valves/2xsmall airstones/ one single outlet air pump

here is where i am currently with the grow. everything is in veg under the 400MH . . .
picture.php

i painted the buckets myself so its a complete DIY, used the appliance paint since it gets/dries into a really hard shell. dont know how "ugly" they look but i like them! lol

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
OK so its been a long time since I been to this thread. had a lot of gardens since this thread was made.
so lets see what's in the garden this time? well its 2 clones from the great outdoors and 1 ndica plant.
1 of the clones is in DWC the other is in coco. the DWC clone is growing much faster than the coco one is.

So I put to gather a new lil single plant DWC machine but I would rather build a lil multi plant DWC machine. because the plants always seem to grow faster, bigger, and with bigger roots sooner then later.

Here she is from a week ago. Ill up date once a month.
picture.php

also plan to start flowering cycle when it gets this big. this was my last plant it was in soil. this was the start of her flowering cycle. flowering under a 200 watt cob led light. :)
picture.php

this was her at the end of that flowering cycle.
picture.php