What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

High Voltage - RKS and Beatrix Choice

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Hola,

So one of my favorite strains is SnowhigS's High Voltage.
I shrugged at these seeds when I first got them, but popped a few and found RKS.
Then I popped a few more and found Beatrix Choice, aka M27

Its PurePowerPlant x Merlin's Magic(Dutchgrown)

PPP is Durban x Skunk
Merlin's Magic is Acapulco Gold x C99

So you can see there's a lot of potential in there.

Im curious what y'alls have found in High Voltage.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Here's the HV F3 female I have going.

Luckily she is right down the middle of NLD/BLD, as she is the last of my seedstock that all got lost in a fire.
She has a citrus/lemon skunk stem rub that reminds me of seing Page & Plant when I was in 7th grade and smelled weed for the first time.
20210725_155055.jpg
20210725_155058.jpg
20210725_155048.jpg
20210725_155040.jpg

She is gonna be pollinated by a High Voltage x Dream Beaver.
Dream Beaver is Dirty Hiple x Appalachia
So, its Affy #1 x Maui Haze x Skunk x Chem D.....heavy on the Chem D.

GreenBearCA

Bit of a sativs buzz at first.
Euphoric
Then it got Real stoney - like turn on a movie and forget what youre watching.

The Beatrix phenos are much clearer and inspiring.
Really stoked to seem someone keeping High Voltage alive from Snow. This one was slept on

bimblebrains_1

wow as you say a lot of potential in this line...nice to see somebody actually working a line nowadays,look forward to seeing the progress/process...so i'm guessing all the recessive parental phenos popped up in the f2's you made then right? cheers bimble

Thcvhunter

Veteran
wow as you say a lot of potential in this line...nice to see somebody actually working a line nowadays,look forward to seeing the progress/process...so i'm guessing all the recessive parental phenos popped up in the f2's you made then right? cheers bimble
I didnt run a shit ton of F2's to see everything thats in there. I found what I needed from just a dozen or so F2s and went from there.
High Voltage F2 x Blueberry Blast F1 was one of the best. The F2s mostly went either squat affy skunk indica or 70/30 sativa with amazing outdoor structure

Thcvhunter

Veteran
When I do stress test, I make sure to stress test clones and not use the stressed plant to make pollen.
I see almost everyone stress the fuck out if a male then throw it into flower and use pollen from that stressed plant. It does far more harm doing it incorrectly like that.

What I do do, though, is to let each male flower until it dies. This way I can see if it throws pistils while its stressed from dying. Usually the males are taken to an alternate spot to die by then so no stressed pollen is hitting females. And sometimes after using the pollen, I'll take the male into a revegging area and see if he freaks out while revegging.

I do so many projects that I dont run a plant and then re-run it to breed. I breed from the start and then determine later on if I'll keep those seeds or not. It leads to less sensi bud to smoke, but it allows me to expedite breeding projects

bimblebrains_1

When I do stress test, I make sure to stress test clones and not use the stressed plant to make pollen.
I see almost everyone stress the fuck out if a male then throw it into flower and use pollen from that stressed plant. It does far more harm doing it incorrectly like that.

What I do do, though, is to let each male flower until it dies. This way I can see if it throws pistils while its stressed from dying. Usually the males are taken to an alternate spot to die by then so no stressed pollen is hitting females. And sometimes after using the pollen, I'll take the male into a revegging area and see if he freaks out while revegging.

I do so many projects that I dont run a plant and then re-run it to breed. I breed from the start and then determine later on if I'll keep those seeds or not. It leads to less sensi bud to smoke, but it allows me to expedite breeding projects
Makes absolute sense to flower happy clones of the male with better hormone stability indeed,something commonly overlooked,great tip that thankyou....i also like that you keep the males flowering long after they are needed to indentify those late flower traits,interesting stuff...i just was thinking as well,not so much sensi weed but a fuck ton of hash material to work with,could be worse!!

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Makes absolute sense to flower happy clones of the male with better hormone stability indeed,something commonly overlooked,great tip that thankyou....i also like that you keep the males flowering long after they are needed to indentify those late flower traits,interesting stuff...i just was thinking as well,not so much sensi weed but a fuck ton of hash material to work with,could be worse!!
In the middle east, male plants get hashed right along with the female plants.
The big difference is they look at the field as a living organism, where Westerners look at each individual plant as individual organisms. Westerners do much more 1x1 breeding where the middle east basically does open pollinations.

bimblebrains_1

In the middle east, male plants get hashed right along with the female plants.
The big difference is they look at the field as a living organism, where Westerners look at each individual plant as individual organisms. Westerners do much more 1x1 breeding where the middle east basically does open pollinations.
yeah for sure,thats why we all remember that lovely well rounded effect from those old world hash's and charas ect..full field profile,complex as fuck.....never gunna get that with modern western tech and culture

GreenBearCA

Thank you. Good tip