What's new

High price seeds over $20 each good genetics wrapped in golden paper mean

Oscar Golph

420club
Back in the late 80's early 90's, i drove to Amsterdam to pay 200 quid for some sensie seeds NL5xHaze, plus i have bought from the newer companies like the Cia/Kgb and others, i cant really remember their prices for seeds and i cant remember how many i got, but from sensie seeds, i got 10 or 12 per pkt, it was always an adventure to pay 20 quid a seed, and having to drive there from northern england was great to experience, those days are long gone, if i was to start today, 20 quid a seed, delivered to your door is a cheap buy in, but the only adventure you get today, is the worry of the quality you expect. Times and places. :)

kro-magnon

Veteran
Best bet is to learn how to grow so you don't end up killing expensive seed. Start with cheap seeds.

Plant problems are on you, not the seed maker.
Keeping plants healthy is the gardener responsability but it's the breeder one to make sure the plants deliver what they are supposed to and this is today way to rare despite crazy prices you have not many seed producers who will create strains worked enough to be sure each grower will get whet they have come to expect from their pack of seeds.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Which is exactly driven by the hype machine. By the time a strain is worked to be stable the trends have changed. Younger people and their instant gratification and what not.

It seems totally normal these days to expect seed sellers to have customer service and to contact them with plant questions or try to get free seeds after you have killed the first batch.

Back in the day we sent money in the mail and got the seeds when they came. We made damn sure we knew what we were doing before trying to grow seeds as they were so hard to get. If they didn't make it we'll get another envelope of money and wait 3 months.

World's a changin'

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got robbed for $200 on my very first seed purchase (which I diligently researched everything except the company that I was actually buying from for fucks sake.) After that I got smart and I went with Heavens Stairway In mid 1998 & bought C 99 and Super Silver Haze and they we’re both epic

Asentrouw

Back in the late 80's early 90's, i drove to Amsterdam to pay 200 quid for some sensie seeds NL5xHaze, plus i have bought from the newer companies like the Cia/Kgb and others, i cant really remember their prices for seeds and i cant remember how many i got, but from sensie seeds, i got 10 or 12 per pkt, it was always an adventure to pay 20 quid a seed, and having to drive there from northern england was great to experience, those days are long gone, if i was to start today, 20 quid a seed, delivered to your door is a cheap buy in, but the only adventure you get today, is the worry of the quality you expect. Times and places. :)
Its all relative and personal ofcourse. In the Netherlands in the '90s you could also buy great clones for a few bucks a piece in any growshop outside of Amsterdam.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Which is exactly driven by the hype machine. By the time a strain is worked to be stable the trends have changed. Younger people and their instant gratification and what not.

It seems totally normal these days to expect seed sellers to have customer service and to contact them with plant questions or try to get free seeds after you have killed the first batch.

Back in the day we sent money in the mail and got the seeds when they came. We made damn sure we knew what we were doing before trying to grow seeds as they were so hard to get. If they didn't make it we'll get another envelope of money and wait 3 months.

World's a changin'
Please stop with the old days, it was not all rainbows and butterflies. I'm sorry but your post does not answer to mine you just rant about younger generations and that's lame. You sound like the old assholes who were ranting about my generation when I was young in the 90's.
@flower~power wow I bought my first seeds before you, I got my first in 95 straight from Amsterdam.

mr.brunch

Veteran
I was lucky enough to start growing when there was still imported weed stuffed with seeds around, gave me lots of practice…when I was age 12 my poor parents didn’t know what the little plants popping up on my windowsill were :whistling:

Latest posts

Latest posts