What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Hermies separated, but scared of the future

Hy

I bought 60 regular (not feminised) seeds with the intention to do a selection of an extrordinary mother that provides me with clones the next few years. 58 of the seeds germinated, 20 were males and sadly 7 females also developed male flowers after 10 days 12/12. I chopped the 7 hermies and I am checking all the remaining females every 5 days for male flowers. I didn't spot any more hermies.

But since my intention as mentioned above is to select a reliable mother for clones for the next years, I'm scared now that any time in the future clones will turn hermie and destroy my garden, because I didn't see the bananas.

I don't know what conclusions I can make about this strain after 7 from 60 seeds were hermies....

But my question:

Did anybody of you ever a similar selection with some hermies, but still used some of the females for clone production without recurring hermie- issues?

Or would you describe it as quite risky to use any of my females for future clone production?

I have to admit that it was up to 32°C in my room on some days.

Thanks for good advice

Hydrodreams

B

BasementGrower

what strain? or breeder dude? and yea.. stress could be the culprit.. have u spent 20-30 mins in the dark in that room. while ur eyes adjust to the dark.. then look for light leaks. if i was you.. id take the clones u want.. flower them out.. and see how they go.. if they hermi just toss them.. i have been threw 1000s of seeds.. and alot of peoples gear if not properly selected will be garbage.. id say out of the 1000 seed cos out. or even seed makers.. maybe 50 are actually good genetics and worth buying..

like i said all over this board. ive gotten better results from homemade crosses.. and or other friends crosses.. then most of the seeds ive paid good money for..

hereigrow

Hermis are a pain. Like basement said could be stress related..I know some strains will throw Nanners from the littlest bit of stress. The stress Nanners sometimes are sterile, and if you do get seeds from the pollen they should be all fem seeds. I have gotten some nice stuff from accidental pollination in the past...

Latest posts

Latest posts