What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Help... I need somebody, help...!

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I haven't experienced this before so I have no idea what to do about it. I have this uk cheese lady and it seems to only stay alive with a dome over it. I tried removing the Dome the other day and the plant damn near died. It got curly leaves with the dome off for only 10 minutes and as soon as I put the dome back on everything was good again in 10 or so minutes. It's in a 3 gallon pot of ff hf soil. The plant is about to become too big for the dome so what do I do about that?
I need to make the plant live without the Dome on it and I don't know how if it just wants to die without it.
Its got good led lights on it. But most lights go off at midnight except for one light. Temps are low/mid 70°s.

20240808_195647.jpg

Last edited:

Dime

Cover it with plastic and leave a bit open then open more and more as it hardens off,if it wilts put the plastic back on and once it comes back open it less,sometimes you can leave the dome off or open slighlty if you take it out of the direct light,it will get used to it and you won't need plastic after a while. You can also try dome off and mist it when it shows signs of wilting

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Give your plant a good watering before removing the dome. Also, it's best to remove it slowly until the plant gets acclimated. You may have to watch it very closely for a day or two to make sure it doesn't dry out too much or drown from the watering.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I haven't experienced this before so I have no idea what to do about it. I have this uk cheese lady and it seems to only stay alive with a dome over it. I tried removing the Dome the other day and the plant damn near died. It got curly leaves with the dome off for only 10 minutes and as soon as I put the dome back on everything was good again in 10 or so minutes. It's in a 3 gallon pot of ff hf soil. The plant is about to become too big for the dome so what do I do about that?
I need to make the plant live without the Dome on it and I don't know how if it just wants to die without it.
Its got good led lights on it. But most lights go off at midnight except for one light. Temps are low/mid 70°s.

View attachment 19045363
When I see the wet and dry patches on the surface I come to believe that you have a very individual style of watering. Why is it dry at the plant base and then there's a ring of wet soil around it.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran

View attachment 19045363
The shortened internodal distances, the air may be too dry.

The leaves aren't that curled and twisted, which is what you usually see with pH swings.

The leaves look like a copper lockout, however that's likely caused by the environment, which is usually that the pH is too high.

Whatever it was fed will increase in concentration as the medium dries, to it would be helpful to know the nutrients, EC or PPM and the pH, including of the water. And of course the relative humidity of the air.

Last edited:

PadawanWarrior

When I see the wet and dry patches on the surface I come to believe that you have a very individual style of watering. Why is it dry at the plant base and then there's a ring of wet soil around it.
My thoughts exactly.

Water the whole pot evenly by pouring around the plant, focusing on the outer rim but still getting the inner part wet.