What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

HELP?? Anyone stresses that make female intersex

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I am looking for my or anyones list of stresses that can cause a female to express intersex male flowers. I can't remember where I posted it......
Anyone help?

Also I am looking for female clones that are often making male flowers when stressed, so I can sequence the DNA and find intersex genes or stress induced intersex expression genes.
All I need is a dead dry leaf for the DNA.
PM me if you have one to share.
-SamS

Last edited:

bluhazy

I have a destroyer ( freaky thay pheno ) in my veg box. This plant was female for about a year ( no males preflowers att all ), run her 3 times and made regular seeds with her.
So far the progeny of the seeds popped is male or female with no hermies.

After that i forgot her in a very humid location with no water and 24/0 ligthning ( 30watt cfl ) for about 2 months in a 1 liter container. At that point she turned male ( summer 2014)

After that i used him for making femm seeds , popped some , and so far only female progeny with no hermies ( i germinated only 20 seeds so far )

The stresses that induced the sex switch :

poor ligthning @ 24/0 for 2 months , rootbound with no water and surviving on RH 90/95 %

I have pics of her as a female and can take some as male as he is about to flower ( pollinating some selected females for femm seeds )
If you like to see them.

Glad to help if I can,

Peace BH

Last edited:

Lung.Butter

My only fem plant that ever shot out a ton of nanas was after some major heat stress just before flowering.
Idk could be coincidence.