What's new

hellooooo. wassup md growers.

flowerboy

i went to htg supply in beltsville the other day and i swear there were atleast 20 growers in and out within an hour. on a tuesday. and instagram has hella maryland and dmv growers, so why is this place so bare. i guess the forums arent the wave here.

htg supply is a great place btw and the guys that run the beltsville location, stand up gentlemen. got a 315cmh, some reeaaally nice mylar, not the cheap shit. although, this wasnt expensive ($16 for 4'x25'). idk how much of a difference it makes it just looks better. got a whole lotta nutes and accessories for my new dtw coco system i built. spent about 440 altogether and came out with a whole lotta shtuff.

nahual

alot of that chain's product line is crap. the agromax "quantum boards" are rip offs of HLG quantum boards for one. and I have personally spun bearings in their "HO fans" in less than 3 months. it will get the job done for a short time, but be extra careful shopping there. some of the products they carry are ok, just stay away from agromax and htg branded items unless you have to.

MoBayRasta

I have had more than six of their 1000 watt HPS/MH ballast just stop working within a couple of months. These were all purchased from their website, not a brick and mortar. They promptly sent replacements no questions asked. I also have had their ballast last years???

This was more than five years ago. It taught me some very good lessons such as backups, backups, backups....We spend time figuring out how much illumination we need for a given space (these were full basement grows) and it can be very disappointing and really effect the final yield for 1 or more lights to go out during a grow. Lord forbid if its your only one.

I have learned to spend a little more money to have more piece of mind. HTG carries plenty of good stuff! Just do your research before purchasing. From what I can tell they will replace faulty parts quickly but I am around two hours from the closest store. If you grow close to a B&M store its probably a smaller issue.

Good luck with everything.

nahual

I have had more than six of their 1000 watt HPS/MH ballast just stop working within a couple of months. These were all purchased from their website, not a brick and mortar. They promptly sent replacements no questions asked. I also have had their ballast last years???

This was more than five years ago. It taught me some very good lessons such as backups, backups, backups....We spend time figuring out how much illumination we need for a given space (these were full basement grows) and it can be very disappointing and really effect the final yield for 1 or more lights to go out during a grow. Lord forbid if its your only one.

I have learned to spend a little more money to have more piece of mind. HTG carries plenty of good stuff! Just do your research before purchasing. From what I can tell they will replace faulty parts quickly but I am around two hours from the closest store. If you grow close to a B&M store its probably a smaller issue.

Good luck with everything.

htg has plenty of usable gear and supplies no doubt. the store itself is among the dirtiest and most pest ridden i have found in md however, so be prepared to fight off whatever bugs etc they have in-store...some of which is to be expected at every hydro store.

agromax is the main brand they carry, and most of these products are knock offs of other manufacturers, such as HLG's quantum boards. fans that spin bearings in under a year, i could go on. no doubt there are much worse stores to use in maryland smh, we have left informal sponsorships at 2 already.

definitely agree, do your research and make informed purchases, for your own sakes. hydro stores live off our passion.

sshz

Watch out, state police are taping all the cars that park and walk in to the location.......at least they used to.