What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Hello everyone

budino

Indica Lover
Veteran
Hi there!
I’m a new italian user. I’m writing here hoping someone can help me. I would like to know if someone of you is using in his medium the ‘’urgesteinsmehl’’, and if this has the same properties of dolomite lime.VIELEN DANKE!!:tiphat:

G

Growbaer

Hey Budino :wave:

Urgesteinsmehl is only slightly alkaline and contains only small amounts of lime, so it is not a substitute for lime to increase or buffer the pH of the soil, rather it is used to supply with micro-nutrients.

Hello Budino,

Urgesteinsmehl and Dolomit Lime has similar properties, both give magnesium and helps the microorganisms to keep the medium fluffy and ph-neutral.

..hope i got some help.

greetz from Germany

and Arrivederci!!!

G

Growbaer

The usual composition of ...

Urgesteinmehl:
Silica 50.00%
Iron oxide 10.00%
Magnesium 8.00%
Calcium 7.00%

Dolomite lime:
Magnesium 60%
Calcium 40%

budino

Indica Lover
Veteran
Thanx to everyone!
So, in your opinion, considering I can't find dolomite lime, can I use it for keep a balanced ph?
There is anyone is using it with succes?
@Growbaer:
OK composition is not the same,for sure is not a so bad for cannabis use. It's better this or carbonate calcium, maybe add with epson salt?
Thanks for help.

budino

Indica Lover
Veteran
Forgotten.
Just found garden lime, in an english online garden shop. Maybe this is a little more similar to dolomite. What the f***k, it's 2 weeks I'm looking for it and iI found it just in the USA, and they don't ship to Italy...

G

Growbaer

No lime in italy? That sounds impossible! Garden lime should be the right choice :)

PS: Make sure that is finely crushed limestone! Coarse lime takes very long to to take effect, longer than a hemp plant normaly is alive :)

budino

Indica Lover
Veteran
Hi GE
I did it but by us is not so popular as sol conditioner, don't ask me why...