What's new

Hello All

GreenMtnBud

Had kind of bummer outdoor year due to powdery mildew and was hoping to link up with some folks who had knowledge of dealing with that issue or possibly some strains that are resistant. This has probably been discussed here before many times. I started an account today because I stumbled across an ICMAG post in my search results on the topic. A member was talking about ADK Gold or Adirondack Gold. Supposed to be “acclimatized” to the NE growing season.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hello friend and welcome. I'm sorry to hear you ran into some mold this year. Mold attacks plants because of external causes. If one eliminates the external cause mold is eliminated.

An overabundance of enthusiasm in spring can come back and bite one on his ass if he or she is not mindful. Most of the time it's not the strain, it's the grower in error.

I Care

Grow from seed and do not defoliate or top or abuse plants. None if the Stuff you see on RQS. Constant air circulation and keep entire plant in a shimmy. Exhaust in-line fan system on constant. 24hrs of light. Adequate drainage/run-off and never let water sit in your tent. Keep a constant and complete water soluble nutrition program. Avoid dry backs. Foliar Feeding. Again, complete nutrition, you need to have all the micros. Keeping plants healthy and resistant to infection, that’s your doing by make sure they have an abundance of complete nutrition and water to metabolize those essential nutrients.

You’ve gotta be a real unit for me to be any kind of source of instruction but feel free to look through my threads.

Find a hydro and shop and a friend with a medical card. Look at the medical dispensary websites for what ppl are growing. Buy local. I’m going to be using jacks hydrangea blue as a foliar feed and prevention of mildew because of its contents of aluminum sulfate. My first run got ruined thinking it was the same as growing in constant A/C. You‘ll see that if you abuse/neglect/lascerate the plants, the issue always happens immediately following these bad behaviors. It can go from mildew to disease and then to a total loss I’m only a week or 2.

Fortunately you’re not in a prohibition state. If you screw something up, it’s going to be easy to start over. Im going to throw this in there theres a place my fiend pronounces serious med but I think it’s like cares or something and they have a rec dispensary somewhere thats worth checking out and Ive seen they have a website.

you found the forum similar to how I did and you are on the path to enlightenment, the mag cany really fix personal issues but the cumulative millennia of experience make one a well informed grower. ICMAG is the current while
many others are still in the past.

always high and your always welcome!

GreenMtnBud

Hello friend and welcome. I'm sorry to hear you ran into some mold this year. Mold attacks plants because of external causes. If one eliminates the external cause mold is eliminated.

An overabundance of enthusiasm in spring can come back and bite one on his ass if he or she is not mindful. Most of the time it's not the strain, it's the grower in error.
Thanks Creeperpark! I’ll keep that in mind

GreenMtnBud

Grow from seed and do not defoliate or top or abuse plants. None if the Stuff you see on RQS. Constant air circulation and keep entire plant in a shimmy. Exhaust in-line fan system on constant. 24hrs of light. Adequate drainage/run-off and never let water sit in your tent. Keep a constant and complete water soluble nutrition program. Avoid dry backs. Foliar Feeding. Again, complete nutrition, you need to have all the micros. Keeping plants healthy and resistant to infection, that’s your doing by make sure they have an abundance of complete nutrition and water to metabolize those essential nutrients.

You’ve gotta be a real unit for me to be any kind of source of instruction but feel free to look through my threads.

Find a hydro and shop and a friend with a medical card. Look at the medical dispensary websites for what ppl are growing. Buy local. I’m going to be using jacks hydrangea blue as a foliar feed and prevention of mildew because of its contents of aluminum sulfate. My first run got ruined thinking it was the same as growing in constant A/C. You‘ll see that if you abuse/neglect/lascerate the plants, the issue always happens immediately following these bad behaviors. It can go from mildew to disease and then to a total loss I’m only a week or 2.

Fortunately you’re not in a prohibition state. If you screw something up, it’s going to be easy to start over. Im going to throw this in there theres a place my fiend pronounces serious med but I think it’s like cares or something and they have a rec dispensary somewhere thats worth checking out and Ive seen they have a website.

you found the forum similar to how I did and you are on the path to enlightenment, the mag cany really fix personal issues but the cumulative millennia of experience make one a well informed grower. ICMAG is the current while
many others are still in the past.

always high and your always welcome!
Thanks for your insight I Care! I appreciate the words of wisdom. I think I’ve been guilty of letting them get too dry between waterings. That may have made them not as resilient to defend themselves. I live in the woods so air flow is low. I am working on clearing some trees to improve that.

I Care

Thanks for your insight I Care! I appreciate the words of wisdom. I think I’ve been guilty of letting them get too dry between waterings. That may have made them not as resilient to defend themselves. I live in the woods so air flow is low. I am working on clearing some trees to improve that.

There’s going to be a lot of that going on man, you’ll be covered even if you run out of puffage from losses. Must be enjoying the weather today G. Don't clear your trees unless it’s for light, airflow is easy outside, there’s a lot of it.

Theyre not defending themselves from the mold, they have cellular deficiencies and become susceptible. If your nuts man your going to love It here.

GreenMtnBud

There’s going to be a lot of that going on man, you’ll be covered even if you run out of puffage from losses. Must be enjoying the weather today G. Don't clear your trees unless it’s for light, airflow is easy outside, there’s a lot of it.

Theyre not defending themselves from the mold, they have cellular deficiencies and become susceptible. If your nuts man your going to love It here.
Thanks IC, yeah I’m getting dumped on heavy rn. Having a new driveway put in today 😅 Hope it helps to pack the gravel better…
Interesting point you make about the celluar deficiencies. Do you mean to say because they are lacking a certain mineral or nutrient they are more open to disease?
I am a little nuts man 😎😜😁You gotta be walking through this wacky world 😂
G

I Care

Thanks IC, yeah I’m getting dumped on heavy rn. Having a new driveway put in today 😅 Hope it helps to pack the gravel better…
Interesting point you make about the celluar deficiencies. Do you mean to say because they are lacking a certain mineral or nutrient they are more open to disease?
I am a little nuts man 😎😜😁You gotta be walking through this wacky world 😂
G
Got Nuts? 🤣
ya the mineral compounds keep cells together, without them the cells become volatile, you’ll have less problems next year. good day to bird watch! enjoy this day, the plants are watered!