What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Has anyone tried to get a Graft chimaera?

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graft-chimaera

I think it would be pretty cool. You could get clones that will have 2 different types of cannabis on them. And you dont have to go through the hassle of grafting. Unless of course you were the one making the Graft chimera.

Any ideas on how to possibly generate a shoot from the scion/rootstock area? If you do get a shoot, i wonder what the odds are of it actually being a true graft chimaera.

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Why not try it yourself? Graft something (preferably two varieties which are well distinguishable), wait until the two are properly grown together, top any tip of the plant/-s and apply a small grain of a paste of 2% BAP in lanolin (or any other cytokinin in fat/wax) onto the graft junction (the closer to the 'interface' the better). After some time the plant should start producing shoots there. In the meantime, remove all new shoots other than those at the junction. Given some luck... ;)

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Ill give it a shot. I would also like to graft some of my slower growing indicas to some of my stronger rootstock strains. This should hopefully give them more vigor. Maybe? I have a 72 site tray freshly rooted. Ill see if what percentage of those take to the grafting.

A chimera containing tissues of differing vigor isn't stable, just FYI. The faster growing tissue does what you would expect (grows faster) and either causes twisting/bending, or just overtakes the slower growing tissue.

Latest posts

Latest posts