What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

H3ads coco formula 630w cmh

Oblivi0us

Hey all. Novice grower here, always open to suggestions and feedback. Ran this formula 4 years ago and had good success. Laws have changed in my state to legally grow so I'm taking a shot at it again.

4x4 tent
6" fan with carbon filter exhausting out
630w cmh
Intake fan
2 oscillating fans one at top of canopy one at bottom
Day temp - 80f , 60% humidity
Night - 70f , 65% humidity
20 hours on, 4 hours off
RO water ph'ed to 5.9
General hydroponics 6ml micro , 9ml bloom , 1g of Epsom salt
Canna coco

Strains - 1 sherbtang , 2 slurricane, 1 cookies dried fruit.

Total time growing in coco - 7 days
Watering 1x per day until run off
(Watering cookies dried fruit 2x today for experimentation)

Received 2 slurricanes as clones freshly rooted, transplanted into 5 gal fabric on day 1. Received sherbtang fully rooted in Dixie cup, transplanted to 5 gal fabric. Received cookies dried fruit as a very tiny wilted clone with no roots that a friend needed help with growing up.

Put the dried fruit in rooting hormone and in small cup with presoaked coco with 1/4 nutrients. Put dome on top and kept it moist and it rooted quickly. Also did a new cutting of sherbtang today and will try the same method

This is 1 week of growth. I made a boo boo and was giving my plants too much cal/mag the first 5 days. Started getting a magnesium deficiency from the excess calcium locking it out. Which is why they are not as dark green as they should be And some leafs are getting some stripes.

I found an old thread I posted on thcfarmer forums and got to revisit my old coco grow and found out I cut the cal mag completely in week 3 of veg and made the plants happy Rest of grow.

Cut cal/mag out 2 days ago and they seem to have made a nice boost.

Roots are shooting out the bottom of the 5 gal

Not really sure what else to say other than thanks for looking and i will continue to update. They will be looking a lot better in another week.

Any broken or damaged leafs you see if from my clumsy self with bamboo and plant ties

Attachments

• 20240626_232058.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 39
  • 20240705_090203.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 32
  • 20240705_090209.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 33
  • 20240705_091348.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 27
  • 20240628_193757.jpg
    8.2 MB · Views: 26
  • 20240628_192636.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 28
  • 20240627_120843.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 26
  • 20240626_151523.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 33
  • 20240626_232128.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Oblivi0us

6 days since I last posted. Cutting calmag out completely wasn't correct. A few leaves started showing slight calcium deficiency. Started adding 3ml of cal/mag per gallon back into the mix and haven't seen any further issues so far. So currently I am at 3ml calmag, 1g epsom salt, 6ml micro, 9ml bloom.

I transplanted my cookies dried fruit from 1 gallon to 5 gallon.

They are growing great. My plan is to flip the light cycle to 12/12 on Sunday night. My sherbtang is 24" tall and I am fearing I will run out of height and have not seen how much this strain stretches during flower.

1000025228.jpg
1000025229.jpg
1000025231.jpg

Oblivi0us

I'd like to also state that the cookies dried fruit strain is my current favorite. I am so impressed with its growth. It started the smallest and weakest of all the clones and has already outgrown the slurricane in leaf size which is a few weeks older.

It's leaves are almost as big as the sherbtangs which is also a few weeks older. Rubbing the stem with my fingers and it just has the most euphoric smell to it. It's amazing to me how you can smell a difference from each strain just by the smell of the stalk from rubbing your fingers on it.

The slurricane smells like potent death, the sherbtang smells like a fruit bar, and the dried fruit smells... orgasmic 😆

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I run h3ads 6/9 for a few years now. I noticed I was having orange spots on the leaf veins. I re-read H3ad's thread here and realized that he stopped recommending the Epson salt. When I stopped giving the Epsom salt , all my problems went away and I haven't had any problems since. The only time I get any deficiency or issue is if I let the coco dry out too long in-between watering events. That causes the EC of the coco to spike, and the plant can't take it.
I have my bloom tents set on timers and it auto waters 5 times a day.
I use 6/9 through veg and transition then slowly drop out the micro as bloom progresses like h3ad recommend.
The only other nutrient I use is a silica of some kind, I don't use calmag on my grow, but will use calmag to rebuffer used coco, if I want to be cheap and reuse.

Oblivi0us

I run h3ads 6/9 for a few years now. I noticed I was having orange spots on the leaf veins. I re-read H3ad's thread here and realized that he stopped recommending the Epson salt. When I stopped giving the Epsom salt , all my problems went away and I haven't had any problems since. The only time I get any deficiency or issue is if I let the coco dry out too long in-between watering events. That causes the EC of the coco to spike, and the plant can't take it.
I have my bloom tents set on timers and it auto waters 5 times a day.
I use 6/9 through veg and transition then slowly drop out the micro as bloom progresses like h3ad recommend.
The only other nutrient I use is a silica of some kind, I don't use calmag on my grow, but will use calmag to rebuffer used coco, if I want to be cheap and reuse.
Awesome thanks for your reply. Do you run RO water or tap? Silica sounds like a good idea. I guess my biggest gripe with the 6/9 formula is that it is very basic. I feel like I could get more terpene production and flower size with added boosters and more microbial.

I've been thinking about switching to the canna full line up for flowering in one of the pots to do a side by side.

I used h3ads formula 4 years ago the last time I grew and had a decent turn out. I think I remember I dropped the magnesium last grow too as I didn't notice any issues with or without.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Yeah, h3ad didn't mention it causing any problems, but as soon as I stopped problems went away. I was just guessing that it was a magnesium or sulfur toxicity.
My water is from a spring fed cistern system. I haven't tested it in a while but every time I've put a meter in it was around 45ppm so it's relatively clean water.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I use different microbial products also, Recharge, Photosynthesis+, etc. but no other nutrients other than 6/9 and some form of silica.
With some forms like potassium Silicate powder, I do have to adjust pH, but otherwise I don't even have to adjust at all, after adding nutrients I fall around 6.0 pH
Right now I'm using Mammoth Silica that I got a good deal on, but it's normally more than I want to spend. .5ml per gallon .
I mix up 5 gallons at a time and dump those into reservoirs for bloom tents and I hand water the veg areas. In the rez I'll use a lil bit of Revitalize.

Oblivi0us

I use different microbial products also, Recharge, Photosynthesis+, etc. but no other nutrients other than 6/9 and some form of silica.
With some forms like potassium Silicate powder, I do have to adjust pH, but otherwise I don't even have to adjust at all, after adding nutrients I fall around 6.0 pH
Right now I'm using Mammoth Silica that I got a good deal on, but it's normally more than I want to spend. .5ml per gallon .
I mix up 5 gallons at a time and dump those into reservoirs for bloom tents and I hand water the veg areas. In the rez I'll use a lil bit of Revitalize.
Sorry just now seeing this. That's awesome. I do use recharge 1x per week. I'm looking into doing the canna coco nutrient line for my next run. Want to see if it makes a difference

Oblivi0us

Here is 6 days after the 12/12 switch. Everything is healthy. Sherbtang is over 3 ft tall from top of coco. Worrying I might run out of room for height.

im excited, feel like this will be my best quality grow yet
1000025436.jpg
1000025437.jpg

Oblivi0us

So I forgot I was posting on here (smoke another one right?) Currently just ended week 3 of flower yesterday. On day 22 of flowering now.

I cannot believe the stretch that happened. Sherbtang is 6ft tall looking at me right in the eyes. Kind of intimidated by her 😆

Sherbtang is by far looking the best. I'm not super impressed with the slurricane. I gave the 2 a defoilation on beginning of week 3 and it stressed them. The top leaves are showing some heat stress despite being 24" from the light. The sherbtang is damn near growing into the light but showing 0 signs of heat stress other than a few leaves slightly taco'ing.

Dried fruit isn't really visible anymore other than the top but it's growing healthy and not showing any stress.

I need to invest in a nice camera as much as I love taking pictures of it. The cell phone doesn't so it justice lol.
View attachment 1000025772.jpg
1000025777.jpg
1000025778.jpg
1000025771.jpg
View attachment 1000025773.jpg

Oblivi0us

Well my slurricane grew very small buds. Not happy with how it turned out. Came from a revegged clone and it was shooting all weak stalks and branches.

The sherbtang is a monster 6 ft plant with a 2 ft top bud. Dried fruit is doing great too but I can't get good pictures of it being so far in the back.

9 more days until harvest time!

Latest posts

Latest posts