Growing Victory, Microbial Repositories

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hey greenhouse fans,
I wanted to start a new thread here and keep up with how my environmental conditions have changed and improved.

My main thread will be in the new VIP SECTION. I hope you will stop by and check it out. My first month and a half of posting is preparations for the growing season.

I started out cleaning last seasons harvest that sat all winter. All the bags were removed, all tiles were picked up and washed with bleach. I replaced all the grow bags that I'm using this season with 12 new 45 gallon grow bags.

These will all be double planted with like genetics. I am running 12 different old school strains this season that are a rabbit hole of the best stash smoke on my bucket list so to speak. It's what I want to smoke and share with friends.

I will use 60 lbs of worm castings in the 12 bags. I put one layer about 6" down in the bags. Tomorrow I will top off the bags and place another 2 1/2 lbs as top dressing that will get watered-down into the soil.

I will also start the Microbial Repositories, having colonies of microbes throughout the grow bags.
Peace farmerlion
20240403_123843.jpg
20240406_191402.jpg
20240408_163646.jpg
20240408_163659.jpg
20240408_164916.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hey greenhouse fans,
I wanted to start a new thread here and keep up with how my environmental conditions have changed and improved.

My main thread will be in the new VIP SECTION. I hope you will stop by and check it out. My first month and a half of posting is preparations for the growing season.

I started out cleaning last seasons harvest that sat all winter. All the bags were removed, all tiles were picked up and washed with bleach. I replaced all the grow bags that I'm using this season with 12 new 45 gallon grow bags.

These will all be double planted with like genetics. I am running 12 different old school strains this season that are a rabbit hole of the best stash smoke on my bucket list so to speak. It's what I want to smoke and share with friends.

I will use 60 lbs of worm castings in the 12 bags. I put one layer about 6" down in the bags. Tomorrow I will top off the bags and place another 2 1/2 lbs as top dressing that will get watered-down into the soil.

I will also start the Microbial Repositories, having colonies of microbes throughout the grow bags.
Peace farmerlion
View attachment 18985078 View attachment 18985079 View attachment 18985080 View attachment 18985081 View attachment 18985082
It keeps getting better every year.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I'm thinking my ventilation will be sufficient with two box fans and the large extraction fan going. This is only supplemental lighting for rainy overcast days, not everyday.

Maybe mid September through harvest to really make the ladies glamorous! A bunch of pregnant women lakeside at the Farmer Deville.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Dequilo, that is a good idea 💡 If it's actually raining when they're turned on it's not an issue. If it's just gray and cold a person should have a plan.

It's 70f degrees here today, I'm so ready to get this show going. That means nothing in this State. A year ago a late wet snow took down 308 telephone poles near me and we went without electricity for 8 days. Hey momma Lion 🦁 one of us really stinks! Let's go get a room somewhere 🤪
Peace farmerlion

Dequilo

Plant Abuser
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420club
I'm so ready to get this show going.
I feel your pain :) I am so ready as I am so out of room :(

so as PT Barnum said it is time to get the show on the road

That means nothing in this State. A year ago a late wet snow took down 308 telephone poles near me and we went without electricity for 8 days.
just like here when you think it is over it will come back and bite you in the ass

a person should have a plan.
failing to plan is planing to fail ;)

grow well and be safe

Dequilo

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I'm honored to have you my friend. Since I'm here I will reveal my genetics line up for the 2024 Greenhouse Season!

In no certain order of preference.

1# Black Lebanon. Kind of says enough on it's own.

2# Purple Mandala Deep Purple x Mandala 1 These two plants in one 100 gallon bag are going to break hearts 💕

3# Superlicious Old Nepalese line crossed with Oaxacan. I'm afraid to ponder to long on the potential of this cross from Mandala Seeds. I believe the Nepalese will tame the flowering times with an earlier onset and I'll probably be 🙏 praying for a mild October 🙏 If I could take these genetics to the 12th of October it will be a spectacle of colors.

4# SpaceQueen x Blueberry IBL
This private elite work has been kept over 20 years by a friend of mine. That same friend grew out and made selections of my last remaining Destroyer seeds from CanaBioGen. Making a second round of clones the Q =(SpaceQueen x Blueberry IBL x Destroyer) #5

#5. Qtopia = (SpaceQueen x Blueberry P1m x Destroyer P1f) f1's
from seed will get germinated pretty soon ish. I think this hybrid cross is going to be outstanding, both lines being very stable. This should develop quickly into a very refined lady carrying a SWITCHBLADE!

6# Highland Mexican x Blueberry, This was a collaboration between DJ Short and Chimera two decades ago? This strain set the bar for Connoisseurs wanting to take that next step in UTOPIA!

7# MOB (Mother of Berries, Maine Original Berry) x Blue Magoo Bx3 This one might Glow in the Dark!

8# Magoo's Blues (Blueberry DJ Short x Blue Magoo Bx3) This one has more Blue and more Berry, well it has more Terps from basking in pineapple 🍍 Smoothies every feeding, this one is going to have incredible aromatics.

9# Thai Chi. Ace Seeds this outstanding Asian Lady of Chaing Mai Province Thailand and a 4th Generation Kali China. I'm very excited to see how much response I get with this lady. The potential for the Anthocyanins to develop uniquely here is intriguing to me.

10# Blue Thai, Dinafem. A Blueberry that doesn't claim to be anybody in particulars genetics? And a Thai line that has the most incredible high. This lady crossed to a Baglung Nepalese or a Highland Nepalese is fall in a Ditch! GOOD!!! I'm hoping for a Black Lebanon male or the Qtopia male as a male donor just for this plant alone. Right now it's my last man on an island 🏝 stash#1

11# Skunk#1 IBL. This is from Skunkman to Mel Frank before Amsterdam put in refrigerators collectively over 30 years. Reproduced in 2020 selections leaning towards the acrid terpenes. Todd McCormick has made these available.
I have 12 total bags in my greenhouse 10 are 45 gallon grow bags and 2 are 100 gallon grow bags with 85 gallons of soil in them. These two will be in 45 gallon bags. Leaving the 12th bag???

12# ??? I have a Dilemma, Two strains I would love to grow. An 80's Durban Pre Amsterdam or the anticipated release of Blueberry IX from Mathew Riot Seeds. .

I would like to grow this out and have Mathew do a Review of his Strain Blueberry IX that I grew in my greenhouse. Then he could do a brutally honest Review of Microbial Repositories compared to his current growing practices and give the LOW DOWN on my grow style. So if you know Matt have him reach out.
Growing one of each in the same bag could also be done, but with less information.

FarmerFischer, thanks for subbing!
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I don't believe Mathew is on this site anymore or for some time anyways.
I have reached out to him from another site that he frequently visits. I would like to prove my work with a bold critic that can be harsh, honest and has a platform of his podcast that could spread what I'm doing.
I'm in cannabis for the plants sake and the multitude of people world wide who can have a better quality of life from illnesses, growing ethically.
Peace farmerlion

ZomVee

Did you think germinating seeds
in a mycelium network
would form symbiotic relationships?

Or am I misunderstanding something?

Because I like that idea!
I wanna germinate a bunch of maple seeds
in an oyster mushroom network.

Grow'em in a raised bed house,
stump the maples at three years old.

I'm thinking it should produce a nice flush?

Loriented

@farmerlion – 1st and foremost thank you for your dedication and commitment to this. I have been trying to read all your posts, and am sure I have not found them all, yet.

Your method(s) makes so much sense. And the results prove it.

One of these days, I will be attempting to grow. Below are some comments and 5 questions from me. The rest are just quotes of yours and/or from your threads, as well as quotes from other things I’ve read, and some of the references. I copied and pasted these quotes so I can come back to them when I am ready and/or just because I agreed/related to/appreciated them. Again, thank you for all you do, you are awesome.

Watering and/or Misting:

1. Did you ever consider using Carbonated Water (CW)? Have you ever researched it?

In the 80’s, in my only indoor grow ever, I misted and occasionally watered with CW. I never had anything to compare with, but it did not seem to have any negative impact. I read (back then) it was beneficial, so I just did it.

No Till and Cover Crops.

The no till concept intrigues me. I’ve grown up (and still live) surrounded by farm fields. No till seems to be becoming more popular. I read it appeals to regenerative farmers who want to reduce inputs of artificial fertilizers and chemicals. But I also read adopting organic no-till requires termination of the cover crop, or potential of interrow of cover crop.

I read do not remove roots. You mentioned you removed your rootballs each year.

2. Have you ever considered not removing a rootball, to see the impact/outcome in following years?

I read to use a BroadFork for soil aeration. But then I read daikon radishes are natures broadfork.
3. What impact(s) do you think growing daikon radishes beside the cannabis plants would be?

Screenshot 2024-05-09 082329.png

Live/Living Mulch.

• I read that when compared to plants grown without mulch in bare soil, legume living mulches produce higher vegetable yields. It also said to grow beans then leave bean roots in the ground, these bacteria continue making the stored nitrogen available to your other crops as they decompose.

4. Would you grow beans side by side with cannabis?

I see your various plants/flowers sharing your grow bags with other plants.

5. Would you consider more (than what you currently plant) of a cover crop too much? Meaning fill all open soil/space with some kind of cover such as Sweet Alyssum? Or would that be too much competition for water and nutrients?
  • My thought on this immediately was it would be beneficial for growers that have erosion/overflow issues when watering, so they reverted to a drip method. If you had the entire garden covered with some cover crop, then the medium would not erode during watering.
Notes FarmerLion

The repository colonies are established and like an assembly line working for your specific plant needs filling orders placed/communicated by the exudates.

One small cannabis seed knows more inherently than I ever will when it comes to growing.

eggs and (banana, potatoes, watermelon and assorted fruits) w

seeded plants as this introduces more hormones into the cannabinoidal expression

Wilting yellow leaves should be removed. Partially yellowish (red, purple, orange and blue) leaves have anthocyanins in them that express as different colors and hormones. These add to the overall cannabinoidal compound of the flowers and shouldn't be removed.

Eggs I have found are the fastest colony starting protein and have the long term breakdown of the shells that continually provide calcium and other nutrients.

I feel that egg shells themselves are like vermiculite that has a long term purpose. Helping keep the soil aerated and fortified with essential nutrients. Plus the colonies naturally balance the soils Ph levels

big fan of Humic and Fulvic Acids in my soil

pipeline said Cow manure with peat humus mixture for mulch & peas or clover, something that is a legume and fixes nitrogen for the plants to compensate for lost root space.

Outside of watering and feeding the fungal repositories my work is pretty much over. The soil maintains itself from here through harvest. I just have to make sure to protect it from grasshoppers and the like.

or people that prefer Quality to quantity and don't judge quality by potency alone.

I used 2 eggs 6 whole cherries 🍒 and a whole banana 🍌 per bag and made separate in two separate blends of goodies. I then filled with lake water, unchlorinated tap or distilled would be fine.

I blended each for at least one minute to make as fine of slurry as possible. With just opening the top of the new bags, I lifted and dropped a couple times to condense the soil and it stands on its own.

I then used my metal bar and pushed it almost to the bottom, going in a circular motion making a long funnel shaped repository . Do your own side by side tests. Fill up the largest containers for your tent or grow area.

Plant directly into final pots for best results.

Here's some pictures of the process. I give my soils a month to two month's. You can go 3 days to a week or keep feeding the repositories over a longer time.

Roll up the top of the bag and let sit. If you re feed the repositories move them to a different area and try potatoes, strawberries, blueberries or pineapple 🍍 influence the phenotypic expressions you are looking for. The plant matter is already processed by a plant and is available immediately for uptake by microbes that feed the exudates in your plants Rhyzosphere.

If your not doing a side by side test, thoroughly clean or replace all grow containers and clean your grow room.

Enjoy the best grow you have had yet. Have a beautiful day and for those that will trust me enough to try this, Thank You!

chemical signaling/communications between (Dark Septate Endophytes) of (Mycelium) and the cohabitation of fungal repositories and exudates which scrub/clean nutrients off of microbes with Super Oxides before they are released back into the soil to rebuild the cell wall and gather nutrients again.

The chemical signals I believe can be picked up by the root hairs as the mycelium are slower to form in 10 to 30 days. Could the mycelium form inside the stalk like pith? The plant would have to be a compatible host with mutual benefits otherwise it would be parasitic without benefits, wouldn't it?

Decaying vegetation is the broadest food source, with my fungal repositories it made the most sense to me.

I misted heavy last night and this morning

Remember, your plant doesn't produce more leaves than what it needs for it's environmental conditions * You need more light energy not less leaves

My bags will be going on their 8th year at the end of this season

cannabis has it's own mycelium in the Rhizosphere.

Notes on No Till

• "Think of each daikon radish plant as the tines of a broadfork, but with the extra benefit of added organic matter." at winter-kill or manual cut-back, the radish will break down in the soil quickly. a passive way to sequester more carbon in your soil during the off season
  • Instead of uprooting old crops, chop off their foliage while leaving the roots in the ground. Use pruners, loppers, a weed eater, or a lawn mower to remove the above-ground plant parts without disturbing the roots. Old roots can decay in place, creating more channels for air, water, and beneficial microbes. Avoid this method if there are any signs of plant disease or root rot.
  • Quality-aged compost is a no-till gardener’s best friend! When you need to start a new bed or “flip” a bed (remove an existing crop and replant in its place), a 1-3” layer of compost is the easiest way to give you a fresh start after removing above-ground plant residues.
  • keeping the soil covered and colonized by living roots
  • A key tenet of a no-till garden is constantly keeping the soil covered and colonized by living roots. As long as you don’t have any soil-borne diseases (like root rot or club root), it’s best to leave crop roots intact rather than yanking them out. You do this by removing the above-ground foliage and leaving the roots in place to decompose.
  • Leave bean roots in the ground, these bacteria continue making the stored nitrogen available to your other crops as they decompose.
  • In the initial phase, I recommend adding a 2-4” deep layer of compost over the surface of every bed. In future years, you’ll only need a layer about 1” thick.

• Keeping your crops off the soil (reducing rot)
  • Retaining moisture (preventing evaporation)
  • Adding organic matter and nutrients
  • Cooling the root zone in the summer heat
  • work the soil as gently as possible when you need to hoe, rake, or terminate a crop. If you only disturb the upper 1-2 inches, the lower soil structure will be preserved
  • Living mulch consists of low-growing plants grown to cover the ground between crops. It serves several purposes in gardening and agriculture. Let me break it down for you:
  • Weed Suppression: Living mulch helps suppress weeds by covering the soil surface, preventing weed growth. This reduces the need for manual weeding and herbicides.
  • Soil Temperature Regulation: The layer of living mulch acts as insulation, regulating soil temperature. It keeps the soil cooler during hot weather and warmer during cold weather.
  • Nutrient Enhancement: Living mulch provides nutrients to the soil as it decomposes. This benefits the main crops growing nearby.
  • Moisture Retention: The groundcover helps retain soil moisture, reducing water evaporation and maintaining consistent soil moisture levels.
  • Erosion Prevention: By covering the soil, living mulch prevents soil erosion caused by wind and water.
  • Biodiversity and Habitat: Some living mulch plants attract beneficial insects and provide habitat for wildlife.
  • Clovers: Clover varieties like white clover (Trifolium repens) are excellent living mulches. They fix nitrogen in the soil and attract pollinators.
  • Alfalfa: Alfalfa (Medicago sativa) is another nitrogen-fixing plant that works well as living mulch.
  • Phacelia: Phacelia (Phacelia tanacetifolia) is a beautiful flowering plant that attracts pollinators and improves soil structure.
  • Sweet Alyssum: Sweet alyssum (Lobularia maritima) is a low-growing annual with fragrant flowers. It’s great for attracting beneficial insects.
  • Purslane: Purslane (Portulaca oleracea) is edible and rich in omega-3 fatty acids. It’s both a living mulch and a nutritious addition to your garden.
  • Creeping Thyme: Creeping thyme (Thymus serpyllum) forms a dense mat and releases a pleasant aroma when stepped on.
  • Comfrey: Comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has deep roots that mine nutrients from the soil and make them available to other plants.
  • Canadian Wild Ginger: Canadian wild ginger (Asarum canadense) is a native groundcover with heart-shaped leaves.
  • Sedges: Sedges (Carex spp.) are grass-like plants that work well as living mulch in wetter areas.
  • Barren Strawberry: Barren strawberry (Waldsteinia spp.) produces yellow flowers and spreads by runners.
  • Green-and-Gold: Green-and-gold (Chrysogonum virginianum) is a perennial with bright yellow flowers.
  • Moss Phlox: Moss phlox (Phlox subulata) forms a colorful carpet of flowers in spring.
  • Viola: Violas (Viola spp.) are charming little flowers that attract pollinators.
  • Over time, living mulches improve soils and build the skeletal framework which holds plant nutrients so that they are available when plants need them. This is because living mulches add organic material into the soil without disturbing it. When mowed regularly or tilled into the soil, living mulches add plant nutrients for free, including the big three: nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium, as well as sulfur, calcium, and micronutrients. When compared to plants grown without mulch in bare soil, legume living mulches produce higher vegetable yields.

• Some but not all references:
https://www.ecofriendlyhomestead.co... the soil that support improved soil aeration.

https://www.epicgardening.com/start...re, higher yields, and greater soil fertility.

https://lovenfreshflowers.com/2020/07/06/no-till-farming-lessons-learned/

https://agricology.co.uk/resource/no-till-living-mulches-holy-grail-arable/

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club

Did you think germinating seeds
in a mycelium network
would form symbiotic relationships?

Or am I misunderstanding something?

Because I like that idea!
I wanna germinate a bunch of maple seeds
in an oyster mushroom network.

Grow'em in a raised bed house,
stump the maples at three years old.

I'm thinking it should produce a nice flush?
Yes my friend that is exactly the rabbit hole that I dove into. I did get fruiting bodies in my grow bags. I am just in the infancy of that study.

I had a Lebanese x Auto Malawi f1's from that work really kick my ass a while back. Without HPLC testing I certainly won't make any concrete claims about communications between the mycelium integration and Dark Septate Endophytes, I believe that there is very promising potential to be discovered.
Peace brother.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
@Loriented,
My friend you made my day!
Though there is much information, it's unbelievably simple because the soil and the colonies do all the work out of site.

1. I have not used carbonated water. It's certainly a refinement that could be explored.

2. Root balls and no till
I cut with a small garden shovel just around the base of the meristem and remove the fist sized entanglement of thicker root material.
All of the finer root stems and hair like structures I leave in the soil for aeration and water passages.

No Till is a large scale agriculture effort to save moisture in crop lands. While the concept is admirable and fairly efficient large scale with motorized machines.

Small scale it really only looks good on paper as the amount and access to water isn't really an issue, but it's a conscious decision to preserve resources and that I respect greatly.
Microbial colonies in Repositories is essentially a version of soil integration and progression not preservation. This is an equally good and literally a better practice. The balance of this answer is in another question.

3. Daicon Radishes, this is such a good question and an example; thank you loriented.
Without getting side tracked in cover crops that are an over lapping influence of soil surface protection and camouflage for outdoor grows.

Greenhouse, indoor and outdoor influences through integrated controls was my Epiphany and moment of clarity that I realized the Pandoras Box of unlimited variations one can influence in the soil and in the cannabinoidal compounds made within the cannabis plant.

Each Microbial lineage of species is unique and has a separate effect with it's individual counterpart and pairing of or with it's compatible cannabinoid., that the plant designs through this symbiotic relationship.

There is thousands of species of microbes, there is numerous cannabinoids that we know nothing about. Which cannabinoids do what inside our Endocannabinoid System?

I don't believe that there is a wrong answer about which root system's exudates trigger the right microbes to form the cannabinoids to heal cancer or to reverse neurological damage from vehicle accidents.

Basically every form of plant protein needs to be explored through Microbial Repositories to unlock this Holy Grail of Natural Medicine.
This also needs to be participated in by the people for people. I fully understand the ramifications of this potential. World governments can't be trusted with power that requires integrity, greed will win out more often than not.
This is at the heart of the reason that I'm sharing this in two forums is to protect this discovery from being privatized, monopolized and used against people instead of the people using it for themselves (For Free).

4. Growing Beans? No wrong answer unless in nature there is species that by their nature just aren't compatible such as lilly pads and other aquatic plant species, there may be more.

5. Covering all the soil with crop?

I don't see any direct benefit if there is multiple species of plants used. (Microbial and Cannabinoidal compound influences). If you are working a strain of cannabis towards nerve conditions of shaking, twitching or epilepsy relief.

I would work one species in the soil at a time. Hopefully the costs and availability of HPLC testing equipment and prices comes down. Then we can build a knowledge base of proven influences to the human Endocannabinoid System.

Loriented this is the door I'm trying to remove so that mom and pop private medical cannabis platform will be available. The government has so muttled up this industry with monopolizing every aspect for themselves and cycle times have been given the utmost attention for profits and every other aspect has been neglected.

Medical quality grown cannabis is easier than trying to control the plant for an unnatural environment that only serves the people that abuse it.

If we are going to grow victory for cannabis, it's going to come through the medical side and people are going to have to choose ethical growing practices.

If we only grow the same crap that is based on profits over quality there's no reason for the government to concede to the private sector of cannabis. This directly effects every home owner and disabled person who has the ability to enter the medical market.

I have an entire National Program that can be implemented easily and it's very simple. The consequences for intentionally using synthetics (growth inhibitors, bloom expression modifiers, pesticides and herbicides) is severe and swift.

The revenues are kept local to each community and the local law enforcement department gets $3 of every $10 made by the grower/seller that day of sale. Revenues are taxed after the division of capital and settled the same date and time with the State.

All cannabis sold in a flea market type atmosphere inside a building (Senior Center) that needs our support. Has an officer paid $300 example? For his 8 hours of service for the day. Checking Identifications.

With a greenhouse of limited size and a yearly plant total that is the same regardless of where you live.
Everything greenhouse is on private residential or farm property. One greenhouse per property with 24 to 30 plant count per household.

All testing would come out of the law enforcement department from they're $3 per gram revenue. The grower gets to keep $7 per gram of revenue.

This isn't a few people making millions. It's every home owner that is responsible and has a yard big enough for a 10' x 20' or a 12' x 24' greenhouse.
The penalty for robbing someone's grow or selling cannabis outside of a Senior Center with on duty officers is $5,000 first offense, $10,000 second offense and a $50,000 third offense with a loss of privileges to ever grow legally.

Say you can pull 10 pounds from your greenhouse? 10 lbs x 454 grams per pound = potentially
$31,780 dollars for a disabled Veteran to add to his income and pay into our national taxable base to drive the economy. It's possible to double this income for people that know what they're doing?!

No security is required for greenhouses. We have law enforcement officers to protect their $3 a gram that comes back to them, neighborhood watch. Like the old days of home defense. When we looked out for our neighbors.

This is what will help our countries not welfare programs that only ensure generational captivity.
This is only an overview, but it was to show the direction needed and the simplicity of accountability within a government not allowing monopolized industry.
Peace farmerlion

Latest posts

Latest posts