What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Governments Have Direct Access to Telco Data - Vodaphone

Skip

Veteran
Vodaphone has released information about governments spying on their own citizens. Governments have direct access to these telecom networks and don't even need to ask permission. It's as easy as flipping a switch!

In Europe, Italy is the worst country for spying. In 2013, there were 600,000+ requests for metadata and 140,000+ requests for content. Both figures are many times more than other countries. They claim it is likely due to ongoing investigations into the mafia.

Kudos to Vodaphone for being the First telecom company to report the true extent of government spying on phone/internet networks.

Vodaphone states that the other telcos also have enabled governments to spy on their networks directly, without any authorization by courts necessary.

Read this: It contains a chart of how much data governments have accessed thru the Vodaphone system in 2013 alone.

http://www.theguardian.com/business...eals-secret-wires-allowing-state-surveillance

ic

Last edited:

ZIO GREEN

OUTLAW
Veteran
Sons of a ..... i'm Italian and i have Vodafone!!!So they can spy also my navigation in internet?

Latest posts

Latest posts