What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gov. Brown show some respect

Garhart

I could not get the link to work, but I will not have any problem at all saying that I have been very disappointed with him. Ever more money for prison, but reductions for education and care for those in need. Meanwhile as we deal with the new standard of drought, it is now "normal use" when it comes to fracking.Yep, in the midst of a drought, fracking is now considered 'normal use'. As if it were standard procedure to destroy a valued commodity in the midst of a drought.
I feel like he has a great deal of respect for the petroleum industry.
Got to love the way they like to kick the liberal elite of Hollywood - I was looking at known deposits in area. What I found amazed me. There are valuable amounts of the stuff under some of the most expensive property that there is here. It IS currently being drilled, and fracked both. The people that live there are not happy about it. They are some the wealthiest and most powerful people that are living there.
I don't know how to make sense of what he is doing. I would think with the family history being what it is, that legacy would be the primary concern. It does not look that way to me at all though .

Z

z-ro

I see Jerry's point thought, too much of a good thing could come back to bite everyone in the ass... I took it as a 'be happy with what you have' because a legalization model is going to be less favorable than what we have currently for the people who will actually get it voted in. Might not have used the best words, but the message was in there. Nobody state is going to want to be perceived as a bunch of stone bags anymore than they already are, it will be bad for real legitimate businesses.

L

larry badiner

http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php

Email him and tell him yourself, most government web sites are monitored and have a contact form. The emails are read daily, if not weekly and if you sound normal enough they'll respond. I actually met a cool congressman that way.

I see Jerry's point thought, too much of a good thing could come back to bite everyone in the ass... I took it as a 'be happy with what you have' because a legalization model is going to be less favorable than what we have currently for the people who will actually get it voted in. Might not have used the best words, but the message was in there. Nobody state is going to want to be perceived as a bunch of stone bags anymore than they already are, it will be bad for real legitimate businesses.

Stonebags or not there will always be people who lack motivation. What about people who are addicted to video games or overeating? I could think of a bunch of stuff I would rather my kids NOT do than smoke weed.

For this guy to say that HIS OWN PEOPLE make his state less than great is biting the hand that feeds you IMO.

Can your state survive with people drinking? or popping pills?

Its so easy to blame cannabis for everything because they know nothing about it. Ignorance is bliss I guess

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He's talking two tongue isn't he?? Didn't he hang with Linda Ronstadt way long ago? You can bet your bottom dollar, he imbibed.....and to say it will make a 'stupid' state or country?

I don't see Netherland being anything like that....industrious, ingenious, productive, etc. Or any other cannabis tolerant nation, Spain, Portugal, Israel, Uruguay.

He's talking through his own deficit fog. Geeze!

Garhart

Would it be more correct to say that he is less reasonable than he once was, or that he became more conservative than he once was.

Last edited:

Skip

Veteran
He's up for re-election, hence the posturing on mj.

He may actually be doing us all a favor. The current trend of regulation is OVER regulation, imo. My guess is the big growers in NORCAL are happy with the status quo and don't want to see every gram accounted for from seed to consumer.

However, Gov. Brown is ignoring the fact that much of the technical progress that is generating a budget surplus in California is indirectly due to stoner techies who've imagined great breakthrus while high on marijuana. (like the PC, the Internet, etc.)

He's also ignoring the damage being done by forcing people to use alcohol as their recreational drug. Like drunks who kill people are somehow more respectable than people who smoke marijuana and might be a bit more lazy than the speed freaks who are everywhere in california now.