What's new

Gorilla šŸ¦ hazeā€¦ the reboot

mr.brunch

āœ“
Veteran
Well it seems that summer has finally decided to arrive here (for the next few days at least) so it seems an appropriate time to plant some gorilla haze seeds in preparation for my Christmas šŸŽ„ stash :kos:
With any luck we will get some summer sunshine šŸŒž to get these prepared as the lemonade og have spread out in the tent so no chance of a boost. The L/og are around a week and a half into flower so the time seems right.
Theyā€™ll be going in the soil this evening so Iā€™ll return then :tiphat:

mr.brunch

āœ“
Veteran
Best laid plans of mice and men, as they sayā€¦ little miss b decided she needed a good chat with me before sleeping šŸ¤£ so time has run out tonight.
Iā€™ll get right on it in the morning šŸ„±

mr.brunch

āœ“
Veteran
All potted up, on top of the kitchen cupboard in a bag for a few days.
I always start them this way-seeds on top of the compost, trickle of water then fresh compost on top, in a plastic bag and put somewhere warmā€¦ usually up in 3 days
IMG_3924.jpeg

IMG_3923.jpeg

superx

Veteran
You've definitely taken a liking to these gorilla haze Mr B. I can see why...

Have the ones curing taking on any notable smells or flavours.
Are you getting any dank musky notes or sweetness...
I tempted to snag a packet or 2....

Best wishes with this run, at least you will know what to expect..

mr.brunch

āœ“
Veteran
You've definitely taken a liking to these gorilla haze Mr B. I can see why...

Have the ones curing taking on any notable smells or flavours.
Are you getting any dank musky notes or sweetness...
I tempted to snag a packet or 2....

Best wishes with this run, at least you will know what to expect..
Thanks mate
The first two are still the same smells- one bubblegummy amnesia and the other like pear dropsā€¦ the second ones have settled into a fruity creamy smell
Looking forward to exploring the line more, after the daughters (lemonade og) show off their wares šŸ¤£
All the best

Cuddles

Will you end up putting them inside and growing these indoors eventually?
I havenĀ“t even had a chance to get started yet and so IĀ“m as late as can be for outdoor, lol.

mr.brunch

āœ“
Veteran
Will you end up putting them inside and growing these indoors eventually?
I havenĀ“t even had a chance to get started yet and so IĀ“m as late as can be for outdoor, lol.
Yes mate, Iā€™ll get them vegged up and topped twice outdoors (all going well of course) then get them in the tent once the lemonade og are done.

I managed to get the lemonade og grown enough outside to only need 4 days veg pre flip, and the gorilla cakes I planted outside in pots to go off to a friend are now 18ā€ and topped twice ā€¦ saved lots of time and electricity this year šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

mr.brunch

āœ“
Veteran
3 weeks old todayā€¦.
I had them outside a week or so ago in the sun, I was out shopping- when the skies opened up with a huge thunderstorm and hail.
They took a bit of a battering, and one got knocked about quite badlyā€¦ half a leaf was cut off by hail and the soil was completely soaked.

They seem to have recovered, and are now topped and basking in the sun šŸŒž , Iā€™ll get a picture later on :tiphat:

mr.brunch

āœ“
Veteran
Sorry for the lack of updatesā€¦ time frame has been somewhat changed, but still aiming for Xmas šŸŽ„ finish šŸ¤ž
Theyā€™re doing well and soaking up the sunshine at the moment, been in 3L pots for around a week and have been topped 3 timesā€¦ Iā€™ll get a photo later, just off to the hospital šŸ‘

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry for the lack of updatesā€¦ time frame has been somewhat changed, but still aiming for Xmas šŸŽ„ finish šŸ¤ž
Theyā€™re doing well and soaking up the sunshine at the moment, been in 3L pots for around a week and have been topped 3 timesā€¦ Iā€™ll get a photo later, just off to the hospital šŸ‘
:wave: :peek:

mr.brunch

āœ“
Veteran
Itā€™s been a hectic few weeksā€¦ finally got my relative out of the hospital and now trying to deal with getting his place repairedā€¦ council property so itā€™s a slow process, although I have got social services on side which may help

In the process I have had to rescue his gorilla cake plants which were 1.5 weeks in flower and keep them outside for 2 weeks (lucky itā€™s this time of year) while my lemonade og finished - trimming day today- then they can go in the tent until done, should be 4/5 weeks

As a result, Iā€™m having to keep the new gorilla haze going and trimmed back until flowering is done on the gorilla cake

Itā€™s all very unexpected šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«

mr.brunch

āœ“
Veteran
I am still here I promise, Iā€™ve cut the girls back againā€¦. Now topped 4 times and defoliated to slow them down a bit, theyā€™ve got to last a few more weeks before they claim the tent.
Iā€™ll try to remember to get a picture later (been too damn busy and tired) but they look a little stick-like right now šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
Reactions: GMT

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Have you thought of taking clones and growing them in the tent instead? Just something I wish I'd done with something

mr.brunch

āœ“
Veteran
Have you thought of taking clones and growing them in the tent instead? Just something I wish I'd done with something
I have considered it, also thought about giving them away as I have 4 more seedsā€¦ unfortunately that would set me back too many weeks, so my plan at the moment is tucked in the tent at night with the flowering girls, then on the windowsill in the day (or outside if the weather permits) and keep trimming & topping for now.

The gorilla cake have 4 weeks tops until theyā€™re out, so fingers crossed all will pan out ok

Latest posts

Latest posts