What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Good fitting plug and play LED for a 2 x 4 / 120 x 60 cm tent

Uludag

Chat Moderator
Hey guys im moving in 2 months and i am planning to buy the mars tent 2 x 4 / 120 x 60cm for my new apartment. Any good advice for a good led?

Mars Hydro they got this one

i really like the shape and i think its a lovely fit for the 2 x 4 tent but i would like new age Samsung led on it. :unsure: What do you guys think would you buy this set 2 x4 + tsl 2000?

Also i got 4 x 50w 3000k COB led i could use since i allready got them

Second thought was to use the 4 cobs at 75%, 150w, for one side 60 x 60 of the tent and on the other side i could buy a new FC 1500 mars led with 150w.

What would you do and buy in my place if you would have space for a 2 x 4 in your new home and allready got 4 cob led? Thanks in advance for any advice :bandit:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hey guys im moving in 2 months and i am planning to buy the mars tent 2 x 4 / 120 x 60cm for my new apartment. Any good advice for a good led?

i really like the shape and i think its a lovely fit for the 2 x 4 tent but i would like new age Samsung led on it. :unsure: What do you guys think would you buy this set 2 x4 + tsl 2000?

Second thought was to use the 4 cobs at 75%, 150w, for one side 60 x 60 of the tent and on the other side i could buy a new FC 1500 mars led with 150w.

What would you do and buy in my place if you would have space for a 2 x 4 in your new home and allready got 4 cob led? Thanks in advance for any advice :bandit:
That tent would do just fine. Start your seeds in dixie cups on low light from the cob raised high. As the plants grow bigger and taller, add more cobs until the tent is full of weed. Thanks for sharing and keep us posted friend.

If you want the best light spread go with a bar style light. I use a board style LM301H in my 2x4 and have to back it up to 24" from canopy to get the best ppf readings in center and in the corners. This wasting a lot of energy my next grow light will be a bar style light...

anaconda6985497

Sounds like a solid plan! If you already like the shape and are leaning towards Mars Hydro, the TSL 2000 is a good choice for 2x4 coverage. But if you're set on Samsung LEDs, you might want to look at newer models with those diodes for better efficiency and longevity. As for the COB LEDs, they could work really well on one side of the tent. I think a combo of COBs on one side and the FC 1500 on the other could give you great, balanced coverage. Good luck with your new setup!