What's new

Golden Tiger

FeelHaze

Golden Tiger, day 28 on 11/13 photoperiod. Bud sites are well formed. That girl reminds me of Malawi but with a more delicate and stretchy structure.

1000010056.jpg

FeelHaze

I'm already back here with some news about my Golden Tiger. Sorry for all the posts, it's just that I'm in love with that plant. Vigour is crazy and trichome production is already great. She started to reveal her true self this week. With that super oily aroma (motor oil, vegetable oil) I can't deny she's Malawi dominant. Still, she does have some added floral notes.

That is her (right) on day 45 on 11/13.

1000010771.jpg

a58

FeelHaze

I massively over fertilized malawi and it still produced really good bud. I think you will be fine.

Wanna talk about it ... I also messed up my last Malawi grow ahah !
At harvest time, the plant looked like it was dying. Ugly but caked in trichs and super potent.

Last edited:

a58

Wanna talk about it ... I also messed up my last Malawi grow ahah !
At harvest time, the plant looked like it was dying. Ugly but caked in tichs and super potent.
What pheno did you have? I grew one fem, I had a creamy mango pheno with thick pistils . Honestly the buzz was so nice that i would consider harvesting malawi early. Im growing some malawi regular next. I also grew golden tiger regular which I liked.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @FeelHaze hope you had a great summer time ☀️ Thanks a lot for all the frequent updates these past weeks.

Your indoor sativa grow looks neat, healthy, and well focused 👌 It's interesting that you've experienced straight Malawi before this grow. Your Golden Tiger girl has the Malawi structure, but if you take a closer look at the buds, there's also some Thai influence. Exciting weeks ahead!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I found the Golden Tiger from Ace to be an excellent Sativa high with no couch lock !

Keep forgetting where my beer is while doing stuff :LOL:

Euphoric, yes. Motivated, yes. Relaxing, not so much :canabis:

A light feeder. 5g/gallon of Mega Crop one part was a bit on the high side. Found out the hard way !

Cheers
It's a fantastic sativa strain. It gives you psychedelic experiences at times. But some can't handle it well and go into states of paranoia. It's half Malawi and that will devastate some.
Golden tiger for me was great, low odor aniseed smelling and had smallish tightish buds. Its like a fuzzy slingshot. Catapulted me through my chores. I was just taking little hits and zooming about. Surprisingly little forgetfulness. Definite comedown but not very heavy. Exercising was great. There are some very fun phenos in this line. Definitely fun to micro dose with a herb vaporizer.

Well yesterday evening I got around to trying the GT my friend mailed to me and wow. What an unpleasant experience. It was like being thrown on a roller coaster without a seat belt for 2 hours. Ive never smoked something that made my hands sweat before, certainly more trippy than the Zamaldelica i had a few years back and twice as nervous. I can see why my friend would like it, being a recovering meth addict and all, but from here on out I'll just stay in my lane and grow south american sativas. Shit like this will age a man before his time

Thanks everyone for your positive feedback on Golden Tiger 🥰 Touching to hear this old classic sativa strain is still tripping heads like the first day hehehhee

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey guys just sharing my experience.

Which is very different from alot of read here.

It's only been about 8 weeks since I shock flowered on June 20th (full moon summer solstice)

I do prefer taste, smell and racey effect over anything else so I cropped all the tops today. And left the Bottoms for the baby golden jaguars to ripen.

They are extrmely dank, pungent, all phenos have varying ratios of sweet thai, spice and earth. All are bursting with tall standing strichs and massive calyxes. I would call these Tigers breath to be honest

Other notes are bug and heat, humidity resistance, big yields and amazing bag appeal

Can't wait to get these sweating and jarred View attachment 19047239 View attachment 19047240 View attachment 19047241 View attachment 19047242 View attachment 19047243 View attachment 19047244
Congrats on your light dep Golden Tiger harvest @med-man! :) Impressed by how quickly and well they ripened under your outdoor conditions. :yes: They were small in size, although developed long colas of great flower-to-leaf ratio, and juicy, resinous buds with huge trichomes and calyxes in true Malawi style.

The sweet Thai side of GT comes from Koh Chang Thai, recombined.
Have you had the chance to try them ?