What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

GMO yeast rules.

Rider420

Cannabinoids, including tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the active drug in cannabis, can also be produced by bioengineered yeast, a process colloquially known as pharming.

Researchers modify microbe to manufacture cannabis compounds including the psychoactive chemical THC. The yeast that people have used for millennia to brew alcoholic drinks has now been engineered to produce cannabinoids — chemicals with medicinal and sometimes mind-altering properties found in cannabis
Researchers from Stanford University, with funding from NCCIH, have created an innovative way to produce opioid drugs from sugar using genetically modified yeast.
www.nccih.nih.gov

Genetically Modified Yeast Strains Produce Opioid Drugs From Sugar

Researchers from Stanford University, with funding from NCCIH, have created an innovative way to produce opioid drugs from sugar using genetically modified yeast. The research is described in a recent issue of the journal Science.
www.nccih.nih.gov
www.nccih.nih.gov
Scientists prove that psilocybin, a potential drug for treating depression and other psychological conditions can be produced in yeast.
www.sciencedaily.com

Psychedelic compound from magic mushrooms produced in yeast

Scientists prove that psilocybin, a potential drug for treating depression and other psychological conditions can be produced in yeast.
www.sciencedaily.com
Using genetic modification, researchers have reprogrammed a relative of a tobacco plant to produce cocaine in its leaves.
www.newscientist.com

Genetically modified tobacco plant produces cocaine in its leaves

Researchers have reproduced the entire biochemical pathway for how coca plants make cocaine in another plant, which could help people manufacture the drug for scientific study
www.newscientist.com
www.newscientist.com

GMO yeast that makes opioids has escaped the lab!!! Game over for prohibition!!!

Last edited:

INOD

I would love to try this… I’ve read the a few research papers but haven’t seen any availability yet…

Ringodoggie

Like all new drugs its not illegal until governments pass new laws.
But its a GMO and the government of America owns the patent.
Cool, so the patent should be viewable at the US patent office? I am doing a Google patent search right now. Do you have a link to the patent?

Rider420

Cool, so the patent should be viewable at the US patent office? I am doing a Google patent search right now. Do you have a link to the patent?
Good luck post what you find because I don't want to pay that fee.
Native microorganisms in their original form cannot be patented. However, microbes like yeasts, bacteria, protozoa, unicellular algae, fungi, actinomycetes and viruses can be patented if they have been genetically modified. The process and the product obtained can also be patented.

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Good luck post what you find because I don't want to pay that fee.
Native microorganisms in their original form cannot be patented. However, microbes like yeasts, bacteria, protozoa, unicellular algae, fungi, actinomycetes and viruses can be patented if they have been genetically modified. The process and the product obtained can also be patented.
Scihub.se for when u want free research papers..

Rider420

I wish i knew some students there yeah..
Did not know anything about this until I bought 2 grams of cocaine and the guy asked me if I was interested in some yeast. I thought it was a con or a joke.
BTW opioids, meth, MDMA and cocaine are now decriminalized in BC up to 2.5 grams.