What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

GM seed available on interweb..lol thoughts?

blastfrompast

Veteran
http://www.bcseeds.com/indoor-forever-buds-p-159.html?cPath=15

Tho I had to laugh at this.. It did bring back memories of a friend of the family who's kid was in med school. He went to a house party at a prof's house in the late 90's (some univ in ontario) and saw a pot plant in a 50 gallon drum that the owner said would perpetually bud... Had a marigold planted beside in another 50 gallon drum that was the inspiration.

Here is the LISTING

Forever Buds is what we call her.
We first started tinkering with marijuana DNA back in the late 70’s, but we have hit some major milestones since 1996 and again in 2005.
For our previous customers that are pure Organic conscious, they do not need to worry, our marijuana genetic modifications laboratory was a completely separate facility off-site and nowhere near the seed production facility for our retail customers. We have never previously sold genetically modified marijuana seeds, and never would without disclosing this information to the customer.
A typical marijuana plants life outdoors in British Columbia, Canada, starts in the spring and is harvested in the fall. But today, in the warmer climatic regions of world where frost is rare, they can survive outdoors for decades, producing buds year round. Our first mom was planted in a green house in British Columbia in late spring of 2005, and she still has buds being produced in the middle of winter 2015. She is almost 10 years old and is producing buds all the time, though we do admit, bud production does slow considerably from Mid-November through to the first week of March, yet she produces on average, 21.4 lbs per year, dried bud of the utmost quality.
In her first year, she produced only 4.2 lbs, but she was planted on May 28th, a very late start here in British Columbia. By the time she was two years old, she was 9’ 8” tall. And in her third year, we had to transplant her to a greenhouse with a much taller roof.
Today, she stands at 28’ 5” and produced 29.9 lbs of bud ending December 4th, 2015. We think she would be considerably taller if we didn’t trim off her buds all year round and also being limited to a ceiling height of just 30’.
We have found the fountain of youth of marijuana, yet we do not know how our customers are going to feel about buying, growing and smoking genetically modified marijuana. And growing up a 30’ tall plant is not going to be easy to hide from your neighbors and airplane patrols.

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
Wasn't there some troglodyte selling $1,000.00 seeds a few years back - web page & all, claiming incredible thc % and yields???

Trying to remember details (yes, I am an old fucker & have memory issues), he was in Canada and his pitch was just slightly less absurd than the claims in the OP post.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
anyone dumb enough to buy them ..deserves to loose their cash and smoke hemp.....yeehaw..theres so much wrong with their story it cant be real...some kind of joke???.. ...got to be a joke messing with newbies...

blastfrompast

Veteran
orangu:
Sounds familiar, just had to laugh when buddy posted this in Re. to GM seeds already being available..

its funny how that one nugget of info from the friend of the family has stuck by me all these years....everytime I think back I keep wondering if the college prof was BS's the guys son. Drives me nuts lol

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
is that right they want $124 per bean ? HA!

I do got that glow in the dark plant kit on the way tho lol... Gonna be some freaky shit homes....

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
Wasn't there some troglodyte selling $1,000.00 seeds a few years back - web page & all, claiming incredible thc % and yields???

Trying to remember details (yes, I am an old fucker & have memory issues), he was in Canada and his pitch was just slightly less absurd than the claims in the OP post.

The guy was Ricky Seeds. His claim to fame was the "triple node" plant. Triple your yields.