What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Georgia Gov. Deal balks at signing medical marijuana bill

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
File Under : WTF?

Gov. Deal postpones signing House Bill 1, the much debated medical marijuana bill. Instead he signs a executive order telling state agencies to prepare for the new law. He claims the bill will be signed after the end of the session. This could be a political move to ensure other pending legislation is passed. Here is what the governor’s office has to say.

Gov. Nathan Deal today signed an executive order directing state agencies to begin preparations for enactment of H.B. 1, legislation that will allow the use of cannabis oil for eight medical conditions. Deal will sign the bill after the session to ensure that no conflicts arise with other pieces of legislation.

“This executive order is the first step in bringing home families who’ve sought relief elsewhere and for providing new medical solutions for Georgians suffering from debilitating conditions,” Deal said. “I’ve instructed the Georgia Composite Medical Board and the Department of Public Health to begin taking immediate steps ahead of this law’s enactment. At the same time, law enforcement, health care providers and other stakeholders should make appropriate preparations.

Read More Here:
http://www.gacareproject.com/georgia-gov-deal-balks-at-signing-medical-marijuana-bill/

armedoldhippy

Veteran
at least they are getting their ducks in a row. if he fails to sign it in the end, it will be a public relations albatross around his neck until he leaves office...

EsterEssence

Veteran
Pisses me off they can limit it to eight medical conditions. If it relieves a little stress, helps you eat, and or sleep it is a good medicine.

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
Pisses me off they can limit it to eight medical conditions. If it relieves a little stress, helps you eat, and or sleep it is a good medicine.
this is why we should hold out for better mj laws
cause once we get that one in it will be hard as hell to get it changed
an this one[law] want help hardley anyone here.
just my:2cents:

Jhhnn

Veteran
this is why we should hold out for better mj laws
cause once we get that one in it will be hard as hell to get it changed
an this one[law] want help hardley anyone here.
just my:2cents:

Unfortunately, States like Georgia do not allow binding voter initiatives so you're stuck with whatever fakery the legislature cooks up.

Activists have a better chance of cracking Oklahoma than Georgia-

http://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/chart-of-the-initiative-states.aspx