What's new

General Hydroponics Flora series without FloraGro???

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I have been using the Flora series for quite awhile in coco. I am just about to move to RDWC, and the tek I am following suggests only using FloraMicro and FloraBloom throughout growth and flower.

Has anyone had experience doing that in true hydro?? Has anyone tried side by side experiments using the full series and just using those two products??

I am very reluctant to not follow General Hydroponics charts, for ratios, and the 3 primary products, gro, bloom, and micro.

If I here anything positive about just using the two products, could try in one tent, and run the full series in the other tent, but would not be true side by side, since I start the second tent a month later.

This is from the RDWC thread - When I use GH Flora, I only use the Micro and the Bloom. The Micro has all the nitrogen that you need in your grow. 1 part micro to 1.5 parts bloom for VEG stage and 1 part Micro to 2 part Bloom for Flowering stage.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Dwc n coco r 2 different ball games.... I've ran gh. In both.... For hydro I've found 7.5 grow 5ml micro 2.5 bloom. For full strength veg. 2.5 grow 5 micro n 7.5 bloom as full flower... 2.5 diamond nector 2.5 bcuzz bloom... Basically a 1-2-3 type a breakdown to your desired ppm but I've found the green bottle is necessary in dwc flood drain basically all hydro especially recirculating hydro systems

Loc Dog

Veteran
Dwc n coco r 2 different ball games.... I've ran gh. In both.... For hydro I've found 7.5 grow 5ml micro 2.5 bloom. For full strength veg. 2.5 grow 5 micro n 7.5 bloom as full flower... 2.5 diamond nector 2.5 bcuzz bloom... Basically a 1-2-3 type a breakdown to your desired ppm but I've found the green bottle is necessary in dwc flood drain basically all hydro especially recirculating hydro systems

It really did not make sense to me, not using the FloraGro, but I know Snype is a very smart guy. I will use the charts, like I have in the past. Was just wondering if anyone followed his advice, and had great results.

I will start a thread in hydro forum, and put a link for it in the GG4 thread, since that is all I am growing. Will be a few more days before I have RDWC up and running, do to some leaks, and want to cover all pipes with gorilla tape, to prevent light getting at the water.

Tynehead Tom

I have been using the Flora series for quite awhile in coco. I am just about to move to RDWC, and the tek I am following suggests only using FloraMicro and FloraBloom throughout growth and flower.

Has anyone had experience doing that in true hydro?? Has anyone tried side by side experiments using the full series and just using those two products??

I am very reluctant to not follow General Hydroponics charts, for ratios, and the 3 primary products, gro, bloom, and micro.

If I here anything positive about just using the two products, could try in one tent, and run the full series in the other tent, but would not be true side by side, since I start the second tent a month later.

This is from the RDWC thread - When I use GH Flora, I only use the Micro and the Bloom. The Micro has all the nitrogen that you need in your grow. 1 part micro to 1.5 parts bloom for VEG stage and 1 part Micro to 2 part Bloom for Flowering stage.

I don't use flora gro. I'm also not in a full hydro system but back when i was introduced to the method known on the net as the lucas formula i was in flood n drain with rockwool and hydroton.
my ratios were 3ml micro 4.5 bloom per gallon in veg and 6ml micro, 9ml bloom per gallon in flower.
my current method in sunshine mix 4 is 4ml micro , 8ml bloom for veg, 8ml micro/16ml bloom for flowering. Koolbloom powder for booster in flower.

it works and it works extremely well.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Thanks TT,

That is what I was looking for. Someone that has done it. I wish I could get my 2 tents growing at same time, but not enough plants ready to do that. When I start thread, will take pictures at certain intervals, to compare growth, and results.

I just realized I do not have equal light for both tents. One has 2 X 600 watt, the other has 1 X 600 watt, and was running 2 X 200 watt LED's, one at each end.

Was going to buy Vero 29 LED's for both, but still very expensive compared to cheap Chinese HID's.

I have heard of Lucas formula before. Will research that.

A

AmaAlza

Hey Locdog I am trying out hydro in ebb & flow
And I am using ghe flora series.

I have read about other feed like the micro & bloom. But I just stick to there hydro chart & so far it's working great...I use the 15ml grow 10 micro 5 bloom & 15 bloom 10 micro 5 grow in veg...just easy ratios for me.

All the best in your grows...

Tynehead Tom

not that i think lucas formula is the be all end all but i do find it convenient and the results at harvest excellent. All the plants pictured in my albums, indoors, are grown with micro/bloom.
the only addatives i use are the occasional dose of epsom and i use koolbloom powder 1/4 tspn per gallon in the boost phase of flowering after the stretch.

the ratios for soiless mix are different for coco and other media. In hydro i was running 6/9 and PH 5.8. In soiless mix i'm running it 8/16 and PH 6.8 so it's a big difference depending on the CEC (cation exchange capacity) of your media.

Some say to watch for cal/mag deficiencies in hydro systems. I fortify my soiless mix with Dolopril , a dolomite lime product and I seldom see cal/mag issues save for plants that have naturally high calcium demands. So good to pay attention to any recommendations you find for the media/method you use, while researching lucas formula.
heck if it works for ya, it's one less bottle to buy which equates to savings on every crop.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Hey Locdog I am trying out hydro in ebb & flow
And I am using ghe flora series.

I have read about other feed like the micro & bloom. But I just stick to there hydro chart & so far it's working great...I use the 15ml grow 10 micro 5 bloom & 15 bloom 10 micro 5 grow in veg...just easy ratios for me.

All the best in your grows...

Just some tips, you may already know -

The charts tell you to feed way to strong. With hydro, if PPM goes up, you are feeding too strong, if it goes down, not feeding strong enough. In addition to a PH pen, get test solution of PH 7 and 4. I had batteries going on one once, and kept calibrating to 7, and was wildly off. Testing at both gives peace of mind knowing it is right. Water should be 66 to 72 F. Oxygen levels decrease above 72, and plants think winter is coming, and slow down below 66. If you have money to spend, Great White and Aquashield are good to add.

Dollar

Just some tips, you may already know -

The charts tell you to feed way to strong. With hydro, if PPM goes up, you are feeding too strong, if it goes down, not feeding strong enough. In addition to a PH pen, get test solution of PH 7 and 4. I had batteries going on one once, and kept calibrating to 7, and was wildly off. Testing at both gives peace of mind knowing it is right. Water should be 66 to 72 F. Oxygen levels decrease above 72, and plants think winter is coming, and slow down below 66. If you have money to spend, Great White and Aquashield are good to add.

Ive been growing for 28 years and I have used both Lucas, GH feed schedule and my own mixes of the GH 3 part. They all work well. I believe the Lucas formula performs a tad bit better. 8micro/16bloom no additives or boosters. The more you add after base the more you lock out essentials. With that sad the run below was fed according to the GH feed schedule on their website to a tee for recirculating system. Ebb and grow 2 gal buckets 24 plants in 10 x 10.
picture.php

DOCTORCOCO

Ive have always used GH at 6micro and 9 bloom with no grow with great results. Keep your ph around 5.8 and your golden ! I precharge the coco with cal mag 10 per gallon and use cal mag every other feeding as well . The calcium is usually fine if your using water from your faucet so the mag is the real issue. If your using RO water that calcium can become an issue. Mag deficiency is the only issue I ever had . I ran the same mixture in a DWC with just a bubbler no circulatoin that was incredibly easy. I let the mixture go for a month or longer with zero problems . I would add a cap of bleach once in a while in my dwc and the roots stay pearly white and healthy. It can be helpful to let your ph drift up and down slightly . Good luck ! For me the DWC was explosive growth and easy other than dumping the res every 30 days. I have since switched to coco so I can leave for the weekend. With DWC if the power goes out or pump fails your screwed!

DOCTORCOCO

TIME TO INSULATE

TIME TO INSULATE

We were busy with paint over the weekend and put 4 coats of flat white primer on the walls.
The paint was more of a sealer than anything and it is mold resisitant.
We sealed all seams on the new wall and now will be hanging sheeted insulfoam .
This will be a secondary sealing surface as we plan to completely seal the insulfoam as well.
Next step will be to get the passive intakes done and we plan to have two options for the intake. A internal intake pulling cool air from the house during summer and a attic intake for winter cool outside air to cool the room. I may run horizontals for winter and vented hoods during summer. I decided this based on a great thread here on ICM

First sheet in place !

lieutenant loud

It's called the Lucas Formula or Lucas Method

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240229_232905_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240229_232905_Chrome.jpg
    608.6 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Latest posts