What's new

Florida Atlantic into the Elite Eight!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i knew coming into March Madness that my team (Tennessee) wasn't going far. they surprised me by beating Duke & making it to the Sweet 16 though. FAU showed them exactly why you need a point guard (a GOOD one!) to go any further though. UT scored a total of 6 (yes, SIX points) in the last 8 minutes of the first half, then lost their composure when FAU put the pressure on in the second half. the final score was misleading, FAU outplayed them the entire second half. props to the winners! :good:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
FAU now into the Final Four. first, they survived against Memphis, then another Florida team in Fairleigh-Dickenson. then they whipped my Vols, and sent Kansas-State packing as well. no number one seeds left, first time since 1979, the first year they had seedings. this is what parity looks like... :good:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
hated the way that the refs gave a great game a shitty ending between SDSU & Creighton. those two teams fought like wolves the entire game, and one ref calls a ticky-tacky foul with under two seconds to go in the game to let SDSU win it at the free throw line. if you don't call it in the rest of the game, put your damn whistles away and let the players determine who wins. assholes...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Who ya'll got for the final 4 and championship? I guess the popular pick is UConn to win it all.
I agree it's amazing florida atlantic made it to the final 4 but san diego state is favored in their matchup. If SDSU keeps playing ball like this they might get an invite to join the pac12 soon, especially with ucla and usc leaving for the B10.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Florida Atlantic has been the underdog in every game, with the possible exception of the Fairleigh-Dickenson game. i like underdogs...🐕‍🦺 i'm afraid that i despise U of Conn.... loved watching Geno get bounced.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
dang! losing by one point to an off-balance three pointer at the buzzer has to hurt! props to SDSU for hanging tough! (y)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
watching the girls final was difficult. twenty fouls called in the first 16 or 17 minutes ?!? that could have been a really good game, too. the referees let them play all the way through the tournament, then fucked up the championship. pitiful... :badday:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I think FAU lost to a 2 pt jumper off the right baseline, not a 3 pter. Also i might be arguing semantics here but it didnt look off balance either, he dribbled side to side a bit then elevated for the shot, he wasnt leaning or anything imo.
I agree, that women's final blew chunks, lot of questionable calls on iowa, but give lsu credit their guards made shots especially 3pters all game. Bayou barbie seemed like a poor sport at the end, it's one thing to have confidence and flash and style, it's another to be a sore winner and rub it into an opponent's face.