What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Fem seeds

SofaKingStupid

What can I expect if I choose to grow fem seeds? I've never tried them. I know my flowers will be identical but will they be prone to grow balls just as their mother was forced to?

plantingplants

be prone to grow balls just as their mother was forced to?

Lol this sounds really dramatic.

Anyway, I can only speak from my own experience, and I've seen hundreds of feminized plants grown outdoor (and grown some of them). HSO, to be specific. No herms. No problems to speak of. I had one male plant this year that I thought was a fem green crack but now I'm wondering if I just mislabeled it. Eithr way that's one out of hundreds.

Similar questions might be better in the New grower subforum.

SofaKingStupid

Thanks PlantingPlants! I just didn't know where to take this question. Been growin steady since 2000 but this will be my first experience with fem seeds. Yea, I'm gonna gettem! Thanks!

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Do some research on the seedbanks and their strains, there are plenty of liars and sharks about, and a lot of unknown unknowns..

No, there is no fundamental problem with Fem seeds, just growers and their light leaks, other stresses occasionally provoking them.

Statistically, something like 0.03% will come out as males or hermies, but this is Nature, just keep your eyes open, as always. Plenty of people on here know the correct way to express this .

A friend set up a large place and could not get cuts, so he bought 1,000 fem seeds of a guy i know here whose growshop sells generic fem seed in his own shop brand, as many in Spain do. Out of 1,000 fem seeds they got 3 male/hermi plants, that is a normal, acceptable figure. Almost all regular strains will also throw out freaks every now and then