What's new

Experimental large dose of myco and high n guano on a chronic seedling

i decided to feed a chronic mother plant a high dose of myco and high n guano so I can just water my plants with plain tap. I added lime in the first week

I put in a big scoop of myco in a 1 gallon container and it got muddy and thick, so I gave 1 feeding to the chronic plant and top dressed 1 small teaspoon of guano per gal (5 tsp)

Here are the pics, there’s a 1 week difference, didn’t think it would survive

I think in 2 weeks they get more nitrogen, with photosynthesis (it’s under a decent light) and the high dose of myco it should be a decent mother plant, hopefully my uncle can take care of it while I’m out of town

Attachments

• IMG_0077.jpeg
    IMG_0077.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0085.jpeg
    IMG_0085.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
Also there might be some snafus with this method, too much myco could build an infectious colony, I saw webbing in the soil but my plants look healthy, will keep this thread updated

Also myco makes a good bloom booster

Attachments

• IMG_0078.jpeg
    IMG_0078.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0087.jpeg
    IMG_0087.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 39

stiff

Veteran
Your plants look don't look too good bro. I'm sorry to say it,but it actually looks like an overdose of ferts which lead to a lockout 🤐...please don't shoot the messenger.

I can see tips burned and that usually means too much fertiliser, to the same time the leafs look like they don't get any N.
If you can't check the ph in the soil..try throwing a handful of worm castings in each pot and water through it. You should see a change in colour quickly.
If that doesn't work your ph must be screwed.
Tbh I'd check the ph first and then add nitrogen if nothing is wrong with the ph

Last edited:

KIS

Just to be clear, you gave the plant nitrogen and it grew better. So nitrogen was a limiting factor of growth based on the fertility in your soil mix.

The myco you added takes time to infect the plant and see results in a matter of weeks not days. I'd say 2 weeks minimum, hence why it's important to add it at the very beginning of a plant's life (seed or rooted cutting).

And too much mycorrhizal fungi will not cause an infectious colony. It's a root symbiont. Any extra is just a waste of money and becomes food for other microbes in the rhizosphere.

Hope that helps!

Latest posts

Latest posts