What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Environmental controllers

4maggio

I'm at 22 days bloom at my current grow (Original Family Big Buddha Cheese) but this isn't about that.
This will be y second grow featuring a 400w LED in a 2x4 tent. The first run was just keeping it at 85F/60%rh, period.
This run, currently 22 days into bloom is also featuring for the first time an environmental controller, in my case AC Infinity just because, by happenstance, I had a couple fans by them on hand already. I've become more aware of VPD and the control humidity has on it.
I've been pushing, pulling, adjusting adding and subtracting trying to get the VPD number I want during veg and now bloom.
But how does one know if those temps and rh%s are correct? Although they have been growing nicely.

Today, I concluded, and made a unilateral decision with myself, to use the mercury filled thermometer and mechanical humidity dial as the baseline for temp and RH in the controller. Adjust them both up or down to match the analog/mechanical devise.
Anyone have a better way? If there is one please let me know. My infrared thermometer is ok with analog temperature too.

I've had some great runs with HID and 79F/60%-45%RH.. but this plant, at this point in time, is the best looking girl I've ever run.
Every leaf is 'perfect' I'd put up a pic or two but I suk at photography and the deep green leaves look nothing like the pics I took and that I don't know how to get from my phone to here anyway.