What's new

Easy grip grinder?

limegreenlimey

Does anyone know of a grinder suitable for someone who has grip and fine motor control problems (from multiple sclerosis). My mate finds his hard to use and he drops and fumbles it a lot.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Last edited:

Tincandtoke

Have hand issues myself
Currently using a brilliant cut stainless steel
Small so I can use my palms more than my fingers but it is heavy
A good design and on my wish list for a stainless steel version

oldmatedesigns.com/products

IMG_1232_03f18ede-3d3e-4312-bce6-acb9f5cc5bd7.jpg

They are out of Australia and very nice from my limited contact on the vape forums

sajesak

Check out this video (from the quoted message, from another thread).

im sure you guys out there have one that actually work and you rate. anybody have any experience with this https://lldcalculator.com/latest-loomian-legacy-codes/

i need to invest in a good quality grinder anyone know of any that really work now and not just come cheap thing off ebay mine has a second compartment to collect the pollen but thats it, the mesh blocks easily so hardly anything ever falls though to the bottom. im sure you guys out there have one that actually work and you rate.

Tincandtoke

IMG_20231017_101521.jpg

The one on the right is a brilliant cut stainless steel
Use it daily, comes with fine, medium and coarse plates
You can buy one plate or all three
The different grinds have effects on my ball vape
The flavor and vapor density can change with each plate

Expensive but well built and will last a long time
Good grinds and requires little maintenance

limegreenlimey

View attachment 18995384

The one on the right is a brilliant cut stainless steel
Use it daily, comes with fine, medium and coarse plates
You can buy one plate or all three
The different grinds have effects on my ball vape
The flavor and vapor density can change with each plate

Expensive but well built and will last a long time
Good grinds and requires little maintenance
Thanks. Looks quite standard and no easier to grip than normal though

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
And btw @Ringodoggie

Your salad shooter idea would be my first solution but I just don't smoke enough to warrant it and as you said "Not for microdosers." :rasta:

The Mamba is 1 gram. They have a 2 gram version but it is more than double the $s and once again, I just don't need it. I have an SLX grinder - which is fabulous - but some days my arthritis just kills my hands and an electric option is the ticket. Coffee grinders and most spice grinders seem to pulverize weed unless you get the right one and you are good at pulsing.

Ca++

There is always the option of grip tape, for an existing grinder, that's just getting a bit difficult, but you want to keep it. There is full on grit tape for skateboards and the leading edge of steps. Or grip tape, which might be more like a soft textured latex. As found on bats and racket handles. There is probably advice online about sticking it to alloy bats, that would apply to a shiny grinder. Without resorting to knurling it.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Better grip or a larger circumference would not work because the pain - at least for me - is in the thumb/hand joint which makes gripping anything at all very painful at times.

I will report on the mamba when I get it later this month.

imiubu

Better grip or a larger circumference would not work because the pain - at least for me - is in the thumb/hand joint which makes gripping anything at all very painful at times.

I will report on the mamba when I get it later this month.
I too suffer much the same with my hands.

Looking forward to reading your experience w/ the mamba.

Latest posts

Latest posts