What's new

DWC cloning

SofaKingStupid

Does anyone think 7.6 ph is too high for clones to root into? No rocks. Just 3” net pots and air stones in 5 gallon buckets.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 30

SofaKingStupid

That’s just it. I stoped getting roots and I can’t figure out why. I always had roots in 5-7 days and now I can’t get a root to pop out.
I tryed tap phed to 6.4, which always worked for me. I also tryed distilled, and now im trying some kinda cloramine removal drops for plants.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
That’s just it. I stoped getting roots and I can’t figure out why. I always had roots in 5-7 days and now I can’t get a root to pop out.
I tryed tap phed to 6.4, which always worked for me. I also tryed distilled, and now im trying some kinda cloramine removal drops for plants.
I only used Rain or RO water for cloning and never water with any acid or lime in it.

negative37dBA

Veteran
I try to keep mine at 6.2. I do use a sprayer tho not DWC. Usually get 9/10 success rate depending on the GG4 moms health when I take the cuts. R/O water with a bit of Jacks and Hormex. I use DIY Pool shock to keep it clean.
This is my next round at 14 days in or so. Going wild!
IMG_8183 - Copy.JPG

Have a sweet day. Peace, negative.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Any change in mother plant health?

SofaKingStupid

Any change in mother plant health?
Same as before. I feed her FF 326 phed to 6.4. She looks great. I was thinkin bout givin her a small dose of Maxi Bloom for the phosphorus a couple days before cutting. I’m really thinking it’s the water. It comes out the tap at 250 ppm’s average. And it has both clorene and cloramine in it.

CocoNut 420

The water temperature is important, cold temps will slow rooting times down, oth too warm isn't great either and will require some chlorine or H202.

For water temperature a small recirculating pump works great but it might require time on/off depending on the environment your cloner is in?

I don't ph the water for my cloner, my understanding of ph is in relation to nutrient availability, using water afaik doesn't require ph,ing?

Latest posts

Latest posts