What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Droopy leaves, snappy leaf stems

picture.php
Hi all, I will fill out the questionare in a minute, still figu
picture.php
ring out the pics posting thin(where'd my g go that was on the end of thin?)
picture.php
g...oh, here it is.
picture.php

COCO

HYDROPONICS/Aero Ponics/Coco/Soiless/

How long has this problem been going on?

approx 3 weeks
Are you growing in a PVC grow tent? (example: Hydrohut or any other non brand tents)

no
What system are you running? (DWC? Ebb flow? Aero? Water Farm? Flood Tables? and so on...)

ebb n flow
What STRAIN are you growing?

GDP
What was the establishing technique? (Were the seed or clone?)

clones
What is the age of your plants?

49 days
How long have they been in there mixture they are in now?(coco,soiless etc..)

coco, 80 days, they got stunted early by thrivealive b1 I believe, as it was the first time using it, and the plants turned into balls, took a while til they grew up towards the light...
How tall are the plants?

2 1/2 to 3 feet
What PHASE are the plants in? (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?

flower
What Technique are you using?

? top them, love them, dream about them
What substrate/medium are you using?(Hydroton, RockWool etc.)

cocogro botanicare
What is the Water temperature?

dont check, will guess 60-70, never warm really, nor cold.
What color are your roots? White? Brown? Are your roots slimy?

will check, in grow bags...
What Nutrient's are you using?(If growing soiless)

gh flora series
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*

8ml micro/16ml bloom per gallonx40
How often are you feeding? (If using soiless)

ebb once daily 15 minutes, a few hours into daylight
How often are you giving nutrients? (If using soiless)

adding nutes every 5 to 7 days, depending on feed need
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients?

since before flowering, as per lucas
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect)

micro then bloom
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using?

this is new to me, i know, shame, for a few years i never ph'd or ppm'd, so just got a meter a few weeks ago, so far upon feeding it has been 1400-1500, a few times in low 1600's, after adding some h20 when rex half empty it goes to 800-900ish.
What is the pH of the "Tank"?

varying from 5.8-6.5ish
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equiptment?

never sure, thats why i never used to ph, calibrated the brand new hanna combo meter several times...
When was your last watering?

every night
What is your water temps?

mild
When was your last feeding change? (ie. grow-bloom-micro-additional)

wednesday
How often do you clean your system: example: Flush out water replace with clean water and nutrients?

gotta love lucas, this is my first run with it so i havent changed the rez yet in my 7 th week, except since i have two rez's in one room, thought i would eperiment with one and leave one straight lucas~so i added the new "bud candy" by advanced i think, yuck, made that rez nasty, so after a few weeks and two adds of that, i changed and washed out the rez to go back to just lucas in that one again.
What size bulb are you using?

1000x4
What is the distance to the canopy?

close, but far as i can get it~12 to 18 inches probably
What is your RH Factor(Relative Humidity)?

45 ish most of the time, peaks at 60 ish sometimes
What is the canopy temperature?

80-84
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range)

66-84
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)

max 10 exhaust through can 125, so maybe in the range of 600-800, guessing
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ?

exhaust on full time, intake 500 cfm with lights on
Is the fan blowing directly at plants?

no
Is your water HARD or SOFT?

240 ppm outta tap
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)?

no
Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water?
Are you using water from a water softener?

no
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched

no, pruned up right before flower to get rid of the ball after they finally started reaching for the light, then about 2 weeks into flower again to thin out the bottom
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When?

spider mites have been an issue, so tried a few things, osh's easy gone with synthetic pyrethrin(used many times before with no ill affects) and another natural remedy made by a hippy in s. cruz called a.n.b.o.m.(aint no bugs on me).
Are plant's infected with pest's

the borg, aka the "santa cruz super mite"

so in order to keep the fuckers at bay, and often a few weeks before harvest i will take big leaves of, and as i have been doing this, noticing these turned down leaves obviously(like a claw), some of the lower growth is crispy, and the bigger leaves leaf stems will snap like a twig, although they are not dry, and some will snap a flower off with it...
help

Weedninja

It looks like you have 2 things going on. The first is that you're burning them with too much N. That's the leaf curl and burnt tips. That's an easy fix: just back off on the micro a little.

The 2nd thing is that your pH is all over the place. The 2nd pic that you posted shows this the most clearly with the wavy leaves and lockout stripes. When I used to run hydro, I had my best results at around 5.7 in veg and around 5.9 in flower. With hard water, there is no reason why your pH should be fluctuating like that.

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
Bent stocks will form heal if a splint in put on it to hold it up and nothing bad with come from it. It will just grow a knuckle where the bend is.

TGT

when plants are budding they suck nutes from the leaf to better the buds. A lil droop is alright when budding. Sometimes even in the perfect environment. There will be problems like that. even though i dont look at that kinda stuff as a problem. Just make sure they have the nutes they need. But other than that it looks like you still in a good position for exceptional buds. Keep on keep on.